cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One releasing Title after payoff??

tag
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Capital One releasing Title after payoff??

I am doing a Settlement for a car I had that went to a Chargeoff state. I called Capital One and they said once I pay the loan off they will release the Title to me, but said it could be up to 21 days, However after searching online, It says they will release the Title within 5 days if paid using Certified funds....

Have any of you had a loan with Capital One and paid it off? How long did it take to get the title?

I am in Florida and currently the Title shows as Electronic 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One releasing Title after payoff??

I paid off two cars in the past 6 months, both with Florida electronic titles. I can't speak to the timeline of when Capital One will release the lien. However, once they do notify the Florida DMV, it takes up-to 5 days for it to be reflected in the Florida DMV website. 

Bear in mind, they do not send you a paper title automatically. Once the lien is released (and reflected on the website) you can order the paper title for $2.50 and they'll mail it to you. Or, some courthouses will print one on-demand for $10

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One releasing Title after payoff??

Hi, 

I live in Florida and just paid off my auto loan this month. I paid off on 10/4/2019 and got a letter from Capital One addressing that they have processed the lien release. I check Florida DMV Online (GoRenew) today 10/16/2019 and it shows that my title is electronic, and I was able to request a copy to be mailed to my address. So far, Capital One didn't take long to get this done.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.