Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one navigator loans

tag
Darrin73
New Contributor

Capital one navigator loans

How solid is these loans I was prequalified for 58000.00 had to upload paycheck they accepted that I have the letter said I can go to any dealership but here's the thing they will do a hard pull why. Also I have a auto loan already I wanted to get refinanced through them but was denied but prequalified for a new car loan. My loan is through credit acceptance n its horrible. I have a 2017 Malibu at 19000.00 worth 16000 what are my options n payments are 567 a month 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one navigator loans

Cap one auto has solid numbers for used & new cars - their actual interest rate and amount is determined once you select a dealer (within the Cap 1) network.

The dealer will pull your credit at least 3 CRA and if you show them you pre-approval, they will go thru Cap 1 but may try to sway you into their more lucrative lenders.

As for refi - I know they have tougher restrictions (year, miles, credit, etc).

Call their customer service and ask about refinancing your Malibu.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Darrin73 wrote:

How solid is these loans I was prequalified for 58000.00 had to upload paycheck they accepted that I have the letter said I can go to any dealership but here's the thing they will do a hard pull why. Also I have a auto loan already I wanted to get refinanced through them but was denied but prequalified for a new car loan. My loan is through credit acceptance n its horrible. I have a 2017 Malibu at 19000.00 worth 16000 what are my options n payments are 567 a month 

The prequalifications are pretty solid, unless there is something that changes drastically between the SP and HP dates. You will almost always incur a hard pull when seeking a new line of credit, hard pulls are designed to be an indicator to other lenders that you are actively seeking credit.

You likely did not prequalify for the refinance because CapOne did not like the fact that the balance on your loan is more than the malibu is worth. Your LTV is 119%, most banks are not going to do a refi on that. You will need to at least pay the loan down to the value of Malibu, possibly more depending on how many miles are on the car.

Message 3 of 4
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Darrin73 wrote:

I had a cap 1 auto loan 2007-2010, paid it off. back then it wasnt called navigator but when they sent me the letter it said just bring this letter to a dealer and just get the keys and drive. to say the least i was laughing. i shopped around for the vehicle i wanted and a month later i found one at a real good price. when i went to the dealer i handed him the letter with a smile on my face and he made a phone call and came back to me saying all i had to do was sign papers and they would have it registered and ready to go the next day, they are for real.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.