Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car payoff

tag
samy2576
New Contributor

Car payoff

I had a car and a loan with Honda Finance. I traded in the car for something else and the dealership was sending a check to Honda for the payoff. My statement date was 2 days ago. Am I going to have to wait all the way til my next statement cycle for the payoff to show on my credit? The check should be arriving any day now.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Car payoff

@samy2576 wrote:

I had a car and a loan with Honda Finance. I traded in the car for something else and the dealership was sending a check to Honda for the payoff. My statement date was 2 days ago. Am I going to have to wait all the way til my next statement cycle for the payoff to show on my credit? The check should be arriving any day now.

Call customer service.

Message 2 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@samy2576 wrote:

Even with them paying off the loan, it likely won't be reported as paid off until the next statement cycle. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 7
andre181
Established Contributor

When I paid my Honda loan off, it took about 45 days for it to report paid and closed.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 4 of 7
samy2576
New Contributor

I decided to call the number on their customer service page. I told them I was trying to buy a house and needed to show my new, lower, DTI ratio.

He said no problem, they would inform the cb's and hopefully they would respond and update within 48 hours. He also offered to send me an official payoff letter to show my lender and that it should be here in 3 days! Very helpful!

Message 5 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Wow, that's great that they can do an out of cycle CRA update for you ! Some lenders don't know how to do this.... Smiley Sad
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 7
guydiver
Established Contributor

@samy2576 wrote:

I decided to call the number on their customer service page. I told them I was trying to buy a house and needed to show my new, lower, DTI ratio.

He said no problem, they would inform the cb's and hopefully they would respond and update within 48 hours. He also offered to send me an official payoff letter to show my lender and that it should be here in 3 days! Very helpful!

That's awesome.  Great customer service for sure. Congrats and good luck.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.