Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarMax Auto Loan Forgiveness

tag
eblackman
Valued Member

CarMax Auto Loan Forgiveness

Hello everyone i paid off my auto loan for CarMax a month ago but still owe around 700.00 in late fees and interest. Midway through my auto loan i lost my jobs and i had to struggle to make payments. Does anyone have a name and contact information that i cna send a letter  or email to ask maybe to forgive the remaiing amout. Its worth a try right.

A sample letter would hurt either.

Thank you everyone for your time.

Eugene 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: CarMax Auto Loan Forgiveness

That is a Santander loan, you are better off to pay it.

Message 2 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Agree 100% with the prior poster.

You will buy more trouble than it is worth if you try to not pay the $700.  Did they send you the title yet? If not, that is one of the ways they can leverage the debt. Another way is by getting a judgment against you, after appropriate collection period.  They can turn a satisfactorially paid tradeline into one that ends up in a charge off.....not worth it for $700

Message 3 of 6
jim44
Established Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Agree 100% with the prior poster.

You will buy more trouble than it is worth if you try to not pay the $700.  Did they send you the title yet? If not, that is one of the ways they can leverage the debt. Another way is by getting a judgment against you, after appropriate collection period.  They can turn a satisfactorially paid tradeline into one that ends up in a charge off.....not worth it for $700

+1  Santanger won't release the lien on the title until everything is paid up.  Truthfully if you still owe interest and late penalties, the loan is still open. 

Message 4 of 6
eblackman
Valued Member

SO you are probably right and i will just go ahead and pay it. I made my final payment about a month ago so i expect to get a letter any day now informing me you need to pay the 700.00 before we send you the title.

E

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@eblackman wrote:

Hello everyone i paid off my auto loan for CarMax a month ago but still owe around 700.00 in late fees and interest. Midway through my auto loan i lost my jobs and i had to struggle to make payments. Does anyone have a name and contact information that i cna send a letter  or email to ask maybe to forgive the remaiing amout. Its worth a try right.

A sample letter would hurt either.

Thank you everyone for your time.

Eugene 

Carmax or Santander?

Have you called and just asked if they would waive some of the fees if you made a 1 time payment for the remainder?

You need the fees reversed not written off... make sure to not "settle" it becuase then a paid off loan with some lates would turn into a settled bad loan on credit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.