Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carvana Trade In Great Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carvana Trade In Great Offer

I did an online appraisal with Carvana

for my 2018 Toyota Corolla LE, 44K miles,they offered me $14,278!! 2 weeks ago the offer was $11,800. Crazy offer, payoff is $15,200. Going to sell to them instead of trading to dealer,  I will pay them the difference. What's the catch? I called them to confirm and they said it is accurate. 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

Re: Carvana Trade In Great Offer

No catch. They've went up 2800 on my Maxima offer since March 1. Used car prices are insane right now. Find a 2020 new car if you aren't picky and you can get a deal. 

Message 2 of 31
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I sold my Subaru to them last month. They were $1,700 higher than CarMax. No issues at all. They brought me a check for the equity when they picked up the car and paid off Chase/Subaru about 7 days later. No complaints here. 

Message 3 of 31
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

Carmax is doing instant online offers now. 

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saw a deal on used 2019 rogue sport,t only 800 miles on it for 16.5k. Another 2020 one with 1700 miles on it for 19k. Not new,but I think either is a decent deal, way more comfortable in the front than the Corolla. I can get a great deal on a 2020 Nissan Kicks but my wife won't let me buy it. 

Message 5 of 31
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Saw a deal on used 2019 rogue sport,t only 800 miles on it for 16.5k. Another 2020 one with 1700 miles on it for 19k. Not new,but I think either is a decent deal, way more comfortable in the front than the Corolla. I can get a great deal on a 2020 Nissan Kicks but my wife won't let me buy it. 

How long do you plan on keeping it? The Nissan CVT transmissions are junk. If you don't plan on keeping it to 100k maybe not a big deal to you.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am aware of the CVT being junk, not sure how long I want to keep it. Thinking  of an extended warranty just to cover the CVT until 100k. 

My Corolla, the supposed bastion of reliability, developed a rough idle at stoplights around 14k miles  where RPM drops to around 500 tpm  but does not stall. Been to several Toyota dealers, says it's normal, not a Camry. 

Message 7 of 31
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

I like the Rouges.. Almost traded for one this past weekend but I have a Platinum Maxima so I'm spoiled to the features and the extra 130 hp and the Muranos are out of my budget unless I get an older one. People seem to hate CVTs but I like them better than automatics. This is my 2nd Nissan and 3rd vehicle with a CVT and I've never had any issues with them. 

Message 8 of 31
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@incognitony wrote:

I like the Rouges.. Almost traded for one this past weekend but I have a Platinum Maxima so I'm spoiled to the features and the extra 130 hp and the Muranos are out of my budget unless I get an older one. People seem to hate CVTs but I like them better than automatics. This is my 2nd Nissan and 3rd vehicle with a CVT and I've never had any issues with them. 

I don't hate how the CVT drives. DW's Infiniti QX50 has one and I like how it drives. Just too many horror stories about JATCO CVT transmissions. We leased her Infiniti for this very reason. I don't want to be on the hook for the replacement. There are full on class action lawsuits about Nissan/JATCO transmissions. 

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went to a Nissan dealer to purchase Rogue Sport tonight. Have pre-approval with CapOne up to 35k, income docs verified. Salesman asks me my credit score, I tried to just discuss price of vehicle. He would not do anything else unless I told him my credit score. Told him about CapOne offe and he only seemed to care what I would tell him what my score is. I had enough so I got up and left. 

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.