cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of approval with Acura Financing on the new TLX?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances of approval with Acura Financing on the new TLX?

I'll try and keep this short while giving a snap shot of my credit worthiness. 

Debt -

$12,432 out of $48,xxx - student loans

Collections - 

paid in full, 2017 T-Mobile account. Refuse to take off CB. $0 of $780 balance.

Revolving Accounts -

$0 balance on $13,500 credit limit. Used monthly and paid in full before reporting. 6 accounts, newest of which is less than a year old (~6 months).

Yearly Income - $68,500 and bonuses of roughly ~$5,000.

No mortgage, $1,100 rent monthly.

I have had 2 prior auto loans: 

2017 Toyota Yaris for $16,750 paid in full in 14 months. No balance on account, car given to sister. 

2019 Volkswagen Passat SEL for $28,670 and owe $14,300. 60 month loan, will have this below $5,000 by time to purchase.

Current Average of Credit Scores - 721 FICO

FICO 8 Auto Score of 686. 

Prior to the purchase of the Passat I applied for a 2019 Alfa-Romeo Guilia Ti for $41,361 but they requested $12,000 down. Since then my credit has improved from a 632 Fico 8 to a 686 Fico 8 and about 50~ overall on my Experian Fico. I know the T-Mobile account holds me back, a lot, but what are the chances of Acura financing me with the Passat as a trade in for the new TLX Type-S in 2021? The car should be around $50,000. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances of approval with Acura Financing on the new TLX?

Wish I had answer but I think it will be a stretch for approval without a significant down payment. At 50k car on 70k a year is insane.  My vote is pay off the Passat and keep driving it.  Seems like you are repeatedly sinking a large chunk of your income into depreciating assets. 

Message 2 of 7
southernblueeyes
Contributor

I was an idiot several years ago and got a $77,000 auto loan on less than $50K salary. It can be done. I'm planning on getting an Acura TLX at the end of the year but I will be making a large down payment. If I had known then what I know now. 

NFCU Cash Rewards $16,000
PenFed Power Cash Rewards $12,500
Apple Card $8,200
NFCU Flagship $20,000
Capital One Savor $15,000
PenFed Pathfinder $10,000
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

perhaps, I have no kids and no other responsibilities.

My company moves me around a lot and therefore have no mortgage.

On top of this my company offers me a housing allotment of $1,000 per month. I live in a state with no income tax so most of my income is free. I live in the middle of no where country right now... so driving to each of my locations is probably the most fun I have in my day and there is a severe lack of fun in driving a Passat. 

I am only 28. I pay the maximum match every year into a 401k and have a healthy savings. I'm failing to see the point of making money if the only idea is to grow your wealth and never spend it... maybe I'm ignorant. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... My vote is pay off the Passat and keep driving it ...

The OP didn't ask for opinions on whether the loan is advisable -- only whether it is attainable. So I don't think you don't get a vote. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... driving to each of my locations is probably the most fun I have in my day and there is a severe lack of fun in driving a Passat ...

Yup, go for it. 

I expect you won't have a terrible time finiding lenders for the 50,000 -- it's just a matter of how much you'll have to pay to borrow it. I'd start looking at some FCU's that are known to offer good terms for auto loans: Penfed, DCU, NFCU, etc. Also, maybe see if you're pre-qualified with Cap One.

Good luck & be sure to post-up a photo of the sweet ride. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... Collections -  paid in full, 2017 T-Mobile account. Refuse to take off CB. $0 of $780 balance ...

Btw, you might want to do a GW campaign to get this off. No reason that one blemish should remain another 4 years. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.