cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of getting approved for an auto loan?

tag
BayRaider510
Established Member

Chances of getting approved for an auto loan?

I'm 23 and never had a auto loan before. I have thin credit history, only 9 months. I do have a 732 Transunion Fico score though. The auto loan I want to get is $8000 and I have maybe a $1000 to put down. I make $2600 a month after taxes and $34,000 a year. Thank you for any help, appreciated. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Chances of getting approved for an auto loan?

Very good.  Given that you have never had a loan before the rate won't be the lowest in the world but you should be able to get something decent.  What kind of car are you looking at?  Age of the car can have significant impact on the loan as well.

Message 2 of 5
BayRaider510
Established Member

Thank you for your reply. The dealer I am working with said he's going to try to get me approved with Golden One and call me by Noon. I noticed today my score dropped 6 points and my Auto Insurability gained 10 points. So I'm assuming he's doing something.

Message 3 of 5
AbhishekShukla

I have a credit History of 1 year 7 months. The credit limit on my ONLY credit card (through my credit union) is $750. 

I have a gross income of $90000 per year. 

I have a new NY license also. I got it last month. 

I want to get an auto loan for about $25000 to $30000. I went to a Chevy dealership and the Finance guy said I have been rejected in few (5) places because of my credit limit and credit history. He says he should be able to find something. But, I want to know what my chances are.  Also, I am putting down 5k as my down payment. 

This will be my first auto loan.  

Can someone help. 

Message 4 of 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

OP - You should not have a problem getting a tier 1 approval.

Abi - Not enough info.  What are your scores, what is your AAoA?  Any negatives on your report?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.