Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Auto Loan Offer

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Chase Auto Loan Offer

Chase has got to be some of the funniest people. I have over 50k in assets with them and an 812 EX score according to them and this is what im being offered. Smiley Very Happy

0B40DD7A-326A-4281-B862-4F0B9424D647.jpeg

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Auto Loan Offer

Without knowing your income, I can't fully comment other than I've been offered a much higher amount from them.  I do my checking/savings with them but have much less in assets with them.  My salary is $158,000, and I just completed their prequalification form with this result:

Capture.PNG

Message 2 of 11
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

Chase has got to be some of the funniest people. I have over 50k in assets with them and an 812 EX score according to them and this is what im being offered. Smiley Very Happy

Did you do the pre-qual first?  I agree.  That amount is an insult!!  I just did the pre-qual "just to see" what would happen and got approved for up to $88k.  My scores are lower than yours (mid 700s) but I don't know what your income is.

Message 3 of 11
iced
Valued Contributor

I would imagine income and DTI are factoring in to the amount. Mine also came in with a lower amount than I would have liked, but my mortgage has pushed my DTI up into the high teens, so I could see them weighing that against me.

I don't keep much with Chase directly, but they have visibility to accounts showing my available liquid assets and those show up on my login page so they know what I have available. It doesn't seem to have affected the pre-approval amount.

Message 4 of 11
Dadof31978
New Contributor

sorry to spread the news, $50k isn't a lot and means nothing to the bank..more like $5 mm for someone to manually take a look at your file.

@Harvey26 wrote:

Message 5 of 11
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@LakeLife Did a prequal and came up with 50K. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 6 of 11
Beefy1212
Established Contributor

I keep < 5k in my chase account. F8 score in the 740's and they have been practically throwing hookers in my window to accept a 35k pre-approved. 

I find it funny they are so eager for me to buy a car when they know I just bought one last July...

Message 7 of 11
ghector
Valued Member

Credit score over 800 and they denied my pre-qual!!! I have 3 credit cards with them that I pay off every month!!

Message 8 of 11
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@ghector wrote:

Credit score over 800 and they denied my pre-qual!!! I have 3 credit cards with them that I pay off every month!!

I also have three credit cards with them, and my prequal was also denied. It was because my reports were locked at the time, and I was unwilling to unlock because I wasn't ready to move on the loan.

Message 9 of 11
ghector
Valued Member

@disdreamin wrote:

@ghector wrote:

I also have three credit cards with them, and my prequal was also denied. It was because my reports were locked at the time, and I was unwilling to unlock because I wasn't ready to move on the loan.

I unlocked my Experian to do the prequal- do I have to unloack all 3??

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.