Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto loan showing as charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase auto loan showing as charge off

Long story short. I purchased a vehicle in 05/2009 for 10k with 1k down. In Oct. 2011 the car was repo'd due to non payment. Before it was repo'd, I paid the note religiously and never had a problem with paying until I became unemployed (my credit report shows that I was only one month behind). After Chase repo'd the car, the sold it for $6600. Then they sent me a letter stating I had to pay $2000.. which I didnt have. Even though I only had the car for two year, I paid mostly interest. 

A year ago or so, they sent me a letter saying that I could pay $500 to settle but again I didnt have the money to pay. Now I do. I just tried to call and a manager said that there is nothing they could do to remove the charge off. I spoke to an after hours rep and she said her manager said this.

What is my next step? My current score on myfico.com is 627 and I just recently opened a cc with Capital One to help with my score (this is the only revolving debt I have besides student loans and they are in deferment).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
EddieK
Established Contributor

Re: Chase auto loan showing as charge off

They most likely don't own the debt anymore and sold it to another company.  I'd get a copy of your credit report and it'll list who the debt is owned by currently and will provide their contact info.  Good luck.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.