Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrysler Capital Top Tier Score Needed

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Chrysler Capital Top Tier Score Needed

Hi all,

Working a deal with a dealer - and trying to determine what score is needed for Top Tier rates for Chrysler Capital (and a range of what those rates are)?  I am trying to find stuff online, and of course, the dealer is asking me to come in and pull credit and "see" - but, I'd like to know what I'm looking at.  I know they pull Experian - and my scores there range from 760-810 (depending on what "model" is used.

I've got a rate from my credit union already, but, they do have 0% - so of course that interests me.

Thank you.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chrysler Capital Top Tier Score Needed

The bar over at Santander (Chrysler's Captive) isn't all that high. If your score are consistent across all 3 bureaus then you'll be fine as it relates to meeting their qualification.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't worked in the auto industry for a year now, but when I did Chrysler tier 1 was anything above 700. 660s with good history often came in as tier 2 and could usually be bumped to tier 1. You will definitely qualify for top tier with scores over 760.

Keep in mind, the 0% rates usually require you to give up some or all rebates. Depending on your CU rate, it might make more financial sense to take the greater rebates and finance through your CU.

Message 3 of 7
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I agree. Sometimes the rebates fair better than taking 0% especially when you can get a really low rate from a CU. I tend to always take the rebates because I know I can get a fairly decent rate from PenFed.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chrysler Capital offers loan prequalification.

https://apply.chryslercapital.com/applyprequalification.aspx

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Second the prequalification.  I ran my numbers through it, and with a decent score (750ish on all three FICO), they prequalified me for a pretty silly high amount,  $220k(!)

Message 6 of 7
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Second the prequalification.  I ran my numbers through it, and with a decent score (750ish on all three FICO), they prequalified me for a pretty silly high amount,  $220k(!)

That's hilarious - just for fun, I put in my income and got around $200k. I'd be curious if it would change if I'd used household income, like how high will they go?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.