Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrysler capital pre approval

tag
bbeaver2013
Contributor

Chrysler capital pre approval

I was just preapproved through chrysler capital for up to 60K. I plan on ordering a 2021 Ram 2500 Laramie night edition cummins diesel truck. I was planning on putting down 5k however the truck will be around 74k. I will be getting a substantial raise next month at my job. I'm wondering if they will go to a higher approval amount with my new income. Currently I'm grossing 5088 a month and my new pay will be 6200 a month. 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Re: Chrysler capital pre approval

@bbeaver2013 wrote:

I was just preapproved through chrysler capital for up to 60K. I plan on ordering a 2021 Ram 2500 Laramie night edition cummins diesel truck. I was planning on putting down 5k however the truck will be around 74k. I will be getting a substantial raise next month at my job. I'm wondering if they will go to a higher approval amount with my new income. Currently I'm grossing 5088 a month and my new pay will be 6200 a month. 

I'd be looking to get at least 10% under MSRP which, with your downpayment, should put you real close to the number CC approved you for. You could always drop the NE, unless that's a deal-breaker. If you haven't already, you might want to check out the hdrams website as there is a lot of useful info about trims, packages, etc, there.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

That car would be more than your annual salary.......

chrysler are expensive look at a local CU

Message 3 of 23
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I worked at chase, it was pretty normal for people to buy vehicles equal to their yearly salary. 

Message 4 of 23
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Folks purchases cars far beyond their annual salary on a regular basis.

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

terrifying 

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

terrifying 

Message 6 of 23
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

terrifying 

Maybe do yourself a favor and don't look at the auto loan approvals thread then? It's up to each individual to determine how they want to spend their money. It's not one size fits all.

Message 7 of 23
dunn2500
Established Contributor

tough to get a 2500 HD for 10% under MSRP right now....most are charging over msrp for 2500s......and yeah thats a hefty payment but if your comfortable thats all that matters

Message 8 of 23
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@dunn2500 wrote:

tough to get a 2500 HD for 10% under MSRP right now....most are charging over msrp for 2500s......and yeah thats a hefty payment but if your comfortable thats all that matters

I'm aware what most dealerships are charging for stock vehicles, but if you're willing to special order a truck there are definitely places that are doing 10%+ off MSRP. Hopefully OP can find the truck they want/need within their budget.

Message 9 of 23
bbeaver2013
Contributor

I did a new pre approval with my new income however still at 60k. The highest auto loan I've had is around 49k which is my current truck. I tried my credit union and they won't go above 50k. I also checked with another local credit union and they flat turned me down. I am now planning on putting down 10k and selling my current truck as they are offering me more then the ram dealership when I know the other one is on the way. If all fails with the new truck I can always get a cheaper one. I will be financing around 68k out the door. 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.