Did you mean: 

Chrysler capital pre approval

tag
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chrysler capital pre approval

@disdreamin wrote:

@bbeaver2013 wrote:

I was just preapproved through chrysler capital for up to 60K. I plan on ordering a 2021 Ram 2500 Laramie night edition cummins diesel truck. I was planning on putting down 5k however the truck will be around 74k. I will be getting a substantial raise next month at my job. I'm wondering if they will go to a higher approval amount with my new income. Currently I'm grossing 5088 a month and my new pay will be 6200 a month. 

I'd be looking to get at least 10% under MSRP which, with your downpayment, should put you real close to the number CC approved you for. You could always drop the NE, unless that's a deal-breaker. If you haven't already, you might want to check out the hdrams website as there is a lot of useful info about trims, packages, etc, there.

Not in today's car market!

Message 11 of 23
mau471
Contributor

@Gladius wrote:

@disdreamin wrote:

@bbeaver2013 wrote:

I was just preapproved through chrysler capital for up to 60K. I plan on ordering a 2021 Ram 2500 Laramie night edition cummins diesel truck. I was planning on putting down 5k however the truck will be around 74k. I will be getting a substantial raise next month at my job. I'm wondering if they will go to a higher approval amount with my new income. Currently I'm grossing 5088 a month and my new pay will be 6200 a month. 

I'd be looking to get at least 10% under MSRP which, with your downpayment, should put you real close to the number CC approved you for. You could always drop the NE, unless that's a deal-breaker. If you haven't already, you might want to check out the hdrams website as there is a lot of useful info about trims, packages, etc, there.

I just ordered a Ram 1500 from Mark Dodge in Louisana at 13.5% under MSRP without even negotiating, asked for a price and that was their out of the gate offer so its entirely possible if you try.

Message 12 of 23
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@mau471 wrote:

@Gladius wrote:

@disdreamin wrote:

@bbeaver2013 wrote:

I just ordered a Ram 1500 from Mark Dodge in Louisana at 13.5% under MSRP without even negotiating, asked for a price and that was their out of the gate offer so its entirely possible if you try.

Congrats on getting such a deal given the current situation with the dealerships and the auto industry as a whole.  Consider yourself the exception more so than the rule these days. 

Message 13 of 23
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@mau471 wrote:

Mark Dodge was fantastic, we worked with Aaron and it was an exceptional experience. I went with 10%+ because a lot of it depends on trim level, incentives and whether you're willing to travel to Lake Charles or have your vehicle shipped. But yes, 10%+ is more than possible if you're willing to do some legwork and possibly travel.

Message 14 of 23
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

Congrats on getting such a deal given the current situation with the dealerships and the auto industry as a whole.  Consider yourself the exception more so than the rule these days. 

That isn't an atypical deal for MD, it's the norm. It doesn't take any negotiation, you just email them your exact specs for your special order, you get back a solid quote with a price and incentive lock as well (although I believe you can choose to use the incentives at the time you pick up if they are better). You put down $1k, sign everything, and wait. If financing is necessary, it's can be done with eSign. They can also arrange shipping if you prefer that over picking your vehicle up. It is truly the easiest, best purchase experience I've ever had.

Message 15 of 23
bbeaver2013
Contributor

I wish I would have known about this place before I placed my order with my local ram dealership. Unfortunately I paid msrp. I did sell my old ram yesterday so got rid of my negative equity. So far all I have is my Vin number. I contacted ram customer service and they said they were waiting on parts to start my build. Hopefully will have it by the end of march.

Message 16 of 23
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@bbeaver2013 wrote:

I did a new pre approval with my new income however still at 60k. The highest auto loan I've had is around 49k which is my current truck. I tried my credit union and they won't go above 50k. I also checked with another local credit union and they flat turned me down. I am now planning on putting down 10k and selling my current truck as they are offering me more then the ram dealership when I know the other one is on the way. If all fails with the new truck I can always get a cheaper one. I will be financing around 68k out the door. 

Did you check Mark Dodge to see how competitive their pricing is? Shipping anywhere in the country can be had for about a couple thousand, and they beat our local dealerships (and ones in surrounding states) by many times that. My purchase was about six months ago, it's definitely worth giving them a try if you're ordering a vehicle.

Message 17 of 23
bbeaver2013
Contributor

Unfortunately i had already ordered my truck on December 28th. I probably should have waited a while. 

Message 18 of 23
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

I ordered a 22 RAM 1500, have already paid off 2 Chrysler Capital leases for Jeep Grand Cherokees. Didn't know about the pre approval process I have just gone to the dealer in the past.

Is the pre approval a soft or hard pull? 

Do they show the financing options with pre approval?

Thanks in advance. 

Message 19 of 23
bbeaver2013
Contributor

It was a hard pull on Experian. It doesn't show any interest rates only the amount your pre approved for. My says approved up to 60k. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.