Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrysler requirements

tag
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Chrysler requirements

So I'm looking at buying a 2021 Chrysler Pacifica touring L.  I'm not sure what requirements are to qualify for the 0% they're offering. 

I am recently divorced, and as a result of that, I've ended up with two cars and two car payments. I got my ex wife's car, a 2018 Toyota Camry, had for almost 2 years and I've got my personal vehicle, a 2016 Ford Expedition EL. I am equitable on both of them. I'm wanting to trade them both in on the Pacifica. 
My current FICO scores are 662 for ex and eq and 654 for TU.  I have a paid in full repo from a lease I co-signed with the ex wife on from 2019 with gm financial. The Camry and expedition are both solely in my name. 
Is it worth an inquiry or will they just instantly shoot it down due to marginal credit and a not so old repo?  

Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
5 REPLIES 5
barca
Regular Contributor

Re: Chrysler requirements

for Chrysler financial you can see how much you qualify for with no hard inquiry.

https://apply.chryslercapital.com/applyprequalification.aspx

it is a soft pull, maybe the rates will also be included.

Message 2 of 6
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Also try out Capital One Auto Navigator- SP for quote - they provide total amount and APR rates on most new and used cars.

At least you will know what you should expect to pay for and not get screwed by the dealer.

If you come in with 2 cars to trade in, the dealer will definitely try to get your financing to a higher tier.

Normally to get 0% financing, it's reserved for Tier 1 or Tier 1+ customers.

You will have to negotitate a lot at the same time:

• Both used car trade ins - use CarMax to get realistic trade in prices before heading to the dealer.
  • New car price
  • Finance rate
Message 3 of 6
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

I ended up going with my own credit union and bought a 2021 Chrysler Pacifica. 

Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 4 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@jason0618 wrote:

I ended up going with my own credit union and bought a 2021 Chrysler Pacifica. 

Congrats @jason0618 on your new van.  Glad everything worked out for you. 

Message 5 of 6
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

Also try out Capital One Auto Navigator- SP for quote - they provide total amount and APR rates on most new and used cars.

At least you will know what you should expect to pay for and not get screwed by the dealer.

If you come in with 2 cars to trade in, the dealer will definitely try to get your financing to a higher tier.

Normally to get 0% financing, it's reserved for Tier 1 or Tier 1+ customers.

You will have to negotitate a lot at the same time:

• Both used car trade ins - use CarMax to get realistic trade in prices before heading to the dealer.
  • New car price
  • Finance rate

[edited to add: just saw you posted you'd purchase...missed that somehow. Congrats on the new vehicle. I'll leave the info below in case it helps anyone else who might be shopping]

For the trades, check Vroom and Carvana as well - those two have been running a LOT higher that others from what I've seen in an auto forum I frequent. I saw someone mention AutoNation as well, but I don't have one of those locally. Used cars are $$$ right now so definitely don't sell yourself short on those.

For the new car pricing, definitely check out dealerships where you'd need to ship if you're willing. My vehicle is on order out-of-state. In my home and neighboring states it was pretty much MSRP for the vehicle I wanted. I got mine ordered for about 15% off MSRP (it's well below invoice) and still get the rebates/financing deals.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.