Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-Applicant

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Co-Applicant

Ok so i had a question i was wondering so i co-signed for my mother on her car loan i wanted to know is it possible to be removed as a co-applicant without her paying off the full balance because overall she is responsible for it i just wanted to be added for the extra TL but what i did not keep in mind is how high it would make my DTI sky rocket... because i already have a car financed under my name and with hers it sends it over the top... so i overall would like to be removed so the TL can be removed from my credit report...

Is this possible? the Finance company is Honda Financial

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Co-Applicant

@shaun2009 wrote:

Ok so i had a question i was wondering so i co-signed for my mother on her car loan i wanted to know is it possible to be removed as a co-applicant without her paying off the full balance because overall she is responsible for it i just wanted to be added for the extra TL but what i did not keep in mind is how high it would make my DTI sky rocket... because i already have a car financed under my name and with hers it sends it over the top... so i overall would like to be removed so the TL can be removed from my credit report...

Is this possible? the Finance company is Honda Financial

Yes;  She has to refi into a new loan with another bank, without you.  If she has good credit, look into the refi rates that penfed offers.  She might save some money too. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.