cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collector Car Financing (Experiences and Advice Please)

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Collector Car Financing (Experiences and Advice Please)

In 2021 I am looking to do a rather hefty Collector Car Loan/Collector Car Financing but I am not sure who to look into, who had great experiences with whom and notes to 'steer clear from' etc as this will be my first time.       I have bought older vehicles in the past so I know be careful of AS IS and to check Carfax/History things of that nature and I already know who I will be getting the vehicle from as I did a ton of research on them too.      My CU said they can offer larger Auto Loans but I will be checking with them tomorrow if they do CCF....I just want to have financing IN HAND so I can go in pick out the one I want and go home as I would with a regular vehicle so any experiences will be greatly appreciated and helpful.      Thank you <3

6 REPLIES 6
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Collector Car Financing (Experiences and Advice Please)

Here are a few I have found?!     Anyone have experience with these or can add any <3

• Collector Car Lending
  • DCU Banking
  • J. Best Banc & Co.
  • LightStream (a division of SunTrust Bank)
  • Star One Credit Union
  • Woodside Credit

Message 2 of 7
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

J.J. Best Bank and Co.  looks to me like they do the lowest apr offer (low as 2.19%) with Higher limits by far (up to 750k) and terms up to 84 months with required up to 30% down* but again not sure how reliable or if Lighstream has a higher approval rating/less strict?!     Sorry to keep replying to myself I'm just making notes for me later too Smiley Very Happy   LOL

Message 3 of 7
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Look into Hagerty. They are an insurance provider for classic cars. They also have a community that may have more information/experience with what you are interested in.

GL

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 7
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Have you heard about Putnam leasing?. It’s a open end lease so essentially balloon payment at the end of lease term to purchase the vehicle.

A buddy of mine financed a 1977 Porsche 911 turbo (930), worked out well for him!
Message 5 of 7
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

No I haven't but I will look them up for sure not sure if they go by the rules of regular leasing but it could be an alternative option so I will look into it Smiley Happy      

Message 6 of 7
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

They do not offer Japanese Imports :'(

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.