Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union asking about Future Income

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Union asking about Future Income

I'm moving from a very stable corporate job into starting my own business. I need a truck and I'm planning to use my old job Credit Union to finance it. The CU does not know my future plans. They are asking if my future income is likely going to be lower (it's a standard question in their application). I do not want to answer that question for obvious reasons. Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Union asking about Future Income

Hey, if you expect to be a sucessful business person you expect your income will be substantially more, am I right? Frankly there's no real downside to that question, none of us have a crystal ball and by answering to the affirmative it's not a lie but an opinion. I personally wouldn't feel that that's a misrepresentation. 

Hey, I expect to win a million $ in the Publishers Clearinghouse sweepstakes! lol

Message 2 of 3
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Union asking about Future Income

@CCrew wrote:

Hey, if you expect to be a sucessful business person you expect your income will be substantially more, am I right? Frankly there's no real downside to that question, none of us have a crystal ball and by answering to the affirmative it's not a lie but an opinion. I personally wouldn't feel that that's a misrepresentation. 

Hey, I expect to win a million $ in the Publishers Clearinghouse sweepstakes! lol

There is a fine line between being truthful and delusional.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.