Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit union or dealer incentive financing

tag
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit union or dealer incentive financing

@Anonymous wrote:

So the  question i should i finance with the CU at 3.3% or take the 1.5% finance incentive that Kia is offering.

Incentive $1500 on the niro

We don't know you limitation as to payment  amounts, price of vehicle, loan term etc.

So I will give you middle of the road numbers.

A $25,000 loan @ 1.5% for 5-years has a payment of ~$433/mo and interest loss of ~$965 over the 5 years.

A $25,000 loan @ 3.3% for 5-years has a payment of ~$453/mo and interest loss of ~$2154 over the 5 years.

If you take the Incentive of $1500 on the car and the 3.3% loan

A $23,500 loan @ 3.3% for 5-years has a an interest loss of ~$2000 over the 5 years.

The 1.5% loan wins big time !

A HP to save $1000, I would do any day !!

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kforce wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So the  question i should i finance with the CU at 3.3% or take the 1.5% finance incentive that Kia is offering.

Incentive $1500 on the niro

We don't know you limitation as to payment  amounts, price of vehicle, loan term etc.

So I will give you middle of the road numbers.

A $25,000 loan @ 1.5% for 5-years has a payment of ~$433/mo and interest loss of ~$965 over the 5 years.

A $25,000 loan @ 3.3% for 5-years has a payment of ~$453/mo and interest loss of ~$2154 over the 5 years.

If you take the Incentive of $1500 on the car and the 3.3% loan

A $23,500 loan @ 3.3% for 5-years has a an interest loss of ~$2000 over the 5 years.

The 1.5% loan wins big time !

A HP to save $1000, I would do any day !!

Save $1000 in interest but lose $1500 in incentives, no? It seems your numbers actually make an effective argument for taking the $1500 & 3.3%

Message 12 of 15
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Save $1000 in interest but lose $1500 in incentives, no?

It seems your numbers actually make an effective argument for taking the $1500 & 3.3%

Good Catch.  Smiley Surprised

Proof you should not be drinking Mai-Tai's while playing with a loan calculator.

Yes with my above example you are correct, better to take the $1500.

Note: The larger the loan amount and/or longer the loan term numbers can swing the other direction.

One should calculate with good numbers and while not drinking  Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes the  math works out to be very close either way.  as i t turns out though teh better half has decided on a used lincoln mkc rather than the new niro

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

And after all that she fell in love with a used lincoln MKC so the Credit union financing was the better deal

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.