Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D&M Leasing- Houston, TX

tag
cjc6464
New Contributor

D&M Leasing- Houston, TX

Hey Guys! 

Was recently in the market to trade out of my 19' Jetta w/ 54K miles for a small pickup truck AKA Tacoma. I was going around crunching numbers on leases bc I need to get my negative equity out so I felt like this was a viable option. My parents lease with a company called D&M leasing based out of Dallas. D&M buys at wholesale and shops the lease out to local credit unions. This is turn gives a little more flexibility when it comes to miles. Has anyone every heard of this type of lease or had a experience to share about D&M? Is there a downside to not doing a lease with a captive? 

Thanks

C- 

UTL= 5%
Chase Freedom Flex- $700
Navy Federal More Rewards Amex- $8,500
Navy Federal Cash Rewards- $1,000
PenFed Power Cash- $2,500
Macys- $800
Shell Mastercard- $800
Discover- $1,000
USAA Rewards Amex-$6,000
Best Buy-$6,000
AMEX BCP- $1,000
Target Redcard- $300
Navy Federal PLOC- $2,000
Penfed Auto- 4.04%
Discover Student Loan- 27k @ 26K
2 REPLIES 2
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: D&M Leasing- Houston, TX

Is this a open end lease with balloon payment at the end? Or a closed end lease?

I know some of my friends lease through company's like Putnam, Amazon leasing, etc... but only for exotics, i mean I have only ever leased from captive lenders usually easier to deal with and terms are great but I have contacted Putnam on a exotic once and backed out once the approval came in haha. 

Message 2 of 3
Dadof31978
New Contributor

Re: D&M Leasing- Houston, TX

Number 1.  leasing does not get you out of negative equity...especially since it can't be residualized..you are just paying for it over 36/48 months vs the whole term if you roll it and then you are paying rent (money factor) on it which is horrible again...that's a huge conceptual error to think it would ever get you out of negative equity.  Only cash does this.

Number 2. If it's open ended it's even worse as nobody will guarantee value.

Unless you want to stay in debt....don't do this, it's a horribly bad idea. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.