Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Auto Loan Rate for Plus and Relationship Members

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

DCU Auto Loan Rate for Plus and Relationship Members

Does anyone know what "Plus and Relationship members" means? Currently only have a savings account with DCU.

I see 2.49% APR listed as the lowest available in my loan suite, but this 1.99% APR listed on the main auto loan page. 

Auto loans AS LOW AS 1.99% APR

INCLUDED DISCOUNT 0.50% for Plus and Relationship Members
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: DCU Auto Loan Rate for Plus and Relationship Members

You have to have their checking for extra discount. 

Message 2 of 5
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

You have to have their checking for extra discount. 

Ahhhhh, thank you for that info. Seems like a sweet deal. 

Message 3 of 5
sxa001
Valued Contributor

The thread caught my eye because someone (Maybe AllZero) pointed me to DCU a couple of weeks ago. I was thinking of opening up a savings account and throwing $1000 in it.  Reading the requirements for the Plus and Relationship Memberships it actually wouldn't be that hard. 

Plus Membership: 

How to Qualify: Add and maintain direct deposit (qualifying direct deposit is a recurring electronic credit of your payroll, retirement, Social Security, or other recurring monthly income). If at any time you fail to maintain these qualifications, your benefit level will be automatically adjusted without notice and you will no longer be eligible to receive the associated benefits.

Relationship Membership:

How to Qualify: Add and maintain direct deposit (qualifying direct deposit is a recurring electronic credit of your payroll, retirement, Social Security, or other recurring monthly income) AND make at least 5 transactions per month (qualifying transaction types include debit and/or credit card transactions, bill payments, balance transfers, or P2P transfers). If at any time you fail to maintain these qualifications, your benefit level will be automatically adjusted without notice and you will no longer be eligible to receive the associated benefits.

It doesn't specify minimums on the Direct Deposits, my company allows me to put money in multiple accounts so it wouldn't be hard to transfer $50 of $100 from each paycheck to meet the Plus requirement.  For the 5 Transactions per month, the fact that they do have mobile wallet (NASA credit card doesn't support Google Pay currently), it would be pretty easy to make 5 small purchases per month.  

I am not going to open anymore accounts until after we close on a house but thank you for bringing this up, $100 bucks is $100 bucks (what I would end up saving by paying 1.99% with DCU instead of 2.54% with NASA FCU -- my max these days I am comfortable with on an auto loan is 17k). 

Message 4 of 5
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@sxa001  spooky how much I relate to your post. I am debating between NASA and DCU. And my loan will be $17K.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.