cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU REFI

tag
Luvlife11

DCU REFI

I applied for a DCU refinance of my vehicle.  I got a message saying the loan was approved but I have not been contacted since turning in all the requested documents.  Are they slow at getting back to you?  Normally I deal woth NFCU and they are quick!

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: DCU REFI

DCU is slow within the best of times. COVID slowed them even more. You can leave number for callback. Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
Luvlife11

Thanks, it seems they are very slow.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU is slow but pretty good.  

I did beat their best rate at my local credit union in NJ by 1/2 percent.

Local credit union was super responsive.  

I was able to call a loan agent directly who (gasp) answered the phone and approved me right away.

Don't get me wrong I love DCU but not always the best.

True story just bought a new Lexus.

Had approval from DCU that was about a month old but still valid.

Put downpayment on car 2 Saturdays ago.

Came how and uploaded the paperwork and got a call back from DCU within 90 minutes.

Tracking # on check within another hour.

Check received tuesday 3:30 PM

However Monday I called my local NJ Credit Union, got approval and picked up check from a local branch Tuesday morning at 10:00 AM for 1/2 percent less than the DCU loan.  I was best rate at DCU so it wasn''t a score difference.

I voided the check from DCU and sent it back and they cancelled the loan.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a savings acct with them and got an email about a pre approval for a car loan refinance. I went through the pre approval link and it said I was approved, but I didn't get any confirmation email right away or anything. It took them a few hours to send me a link with a document to fill out. I submitted that, and then got an email saying to call to finalize it. I called yesterday and the wait time was over an hour, but they do have the "we'll call you back when it's your turn" feature. I missed the call back from them though so I called again today and the wait time was only 10-15 minutes. Once I was speaking to a live person, they finalized and approved my loan within minutes.

So I'd say you definitely need to contact them, rather than wait for them to contact you.

Message 5 of 6
Luvlife11

Thanks all, I waas able to get through to them and get the loan processed.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.