Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU feedback auto refinance.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU feedback auto refinance.

So I applied and got approved for a 3.29 auto refinance. But man it's been a pain dealing with them. Had issues setting up membership. Just having to contact them over and over. 

Having second thoughts about having my auto loan at a place that's been difficult to setup. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU feedback auto refinance.

I use DCU as my primary bank even though no branches in my state.

If I need to do a branch type transaction I can go to partner credit unions and there is one in my town.

I have had them a few years and don't recall issues setting up the account.

I do know from my daughters that if you don't bank with them it's not as simple to pay credit cards and loans.

Since I do bank with them I am just transfering from one account to another and it instantly posts even credit card payments.

I like them very much and wouldn't shy away from them despite long holds sometimes.

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I applied and got approved for a 3.29 auto refinance. But man it's been a pain dealing with them. Had issues setting up membership. Just having to contact them over and over. 

Having second thoughts about having my auto loan at a place that's been difficult to setup. 

I was approved for auto loan refinance at 3.29% also. I had issues with them to establish membership. I didn't proceed with the auto loan since not much difference with my current auto loan. I did get their credit card their service seems fine now. They do have an option when you call that they will call you back when it's your turn.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah its been a process to get my membership and I'm still waiting. I didn't finish uploading my ID yesterday and it timed out. Then I went back to upload and it said it would send me an email to setup password and no email would come through. 

I had to call them today and they had to send me the password.  I uploaded the ID and haven't got a member number or anything with the terms of the loan. So still waiting. Seems like they could streamline their service a bit better. 

I've been using their call back feature. I've had to make several calls already.  I think I'll throw an app at Nusenda and thinking about USAA although it doesn't show the rates.

3.29 has been on the lower side of what I've seen. Gonna hate having to switch over direct deposit though. 

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah its been a process to get my membership and I'm still waiting. I didn't finish uploading my ID yesterday and it timed out. Then I went back to upload and it said it would send me an email to setup password and no email would come through. 

I had to call them today and they had to send me the password.  I uploaded the ID and haven't got a member number or anything with the terms of the loan. So still waiting. Seems like they could streamline their service a bit better. 

I've been using their call back feature. I've had to make several calls already.  I think I'll throw an app at Nusenda and thinking about USAA although it doesn't show the rates.

3.29 has been on the lower side of what I've seen. Gonna hate having to switch over direct deposit though. 

They offered me 2.79 if I moved over direct deposit. I am not willing to leave my current bank for them.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousYou should have recieved a email from them about important message about your app, when you click on link and enter your info, and it will show all your applications, turn your phone sideways to landscape and scroll to right and it will state actions needed.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I did that. Uploaded ID. Now says submitted for review . So guess I have to wait to have membership approved. 

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I did that. Uploaded ID. Now says submitted for review . So guess I have to wait to have membership approved. 

You can call their credit department at extension 9150 and ask them to contact new account membership department to expedite so you can finalize your refinance.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea I'll give them a ring tomorrow.  So if I applied now for a card while my membership is pending I still get a response right away and it knows not to do a hard pull?

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good idea I'll give them a ring tomorrow.  So if I applied now for a card while my membership is pending I still get a response right away and it knows not to do a hard pull?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/DCU-one-pull-for-multiple-products/td-p/5210140

It should be one pull when you apply within 30 days from original app. They only pulled once for me even both apps were done online.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.