What are my chances with either? They both have good offers...
EQ FICO - 717 2/17
TU FICO - 618 1/17 should be higher now, waiting for Discover's refresh
CK TU FAKO - 705
CS EX FAKO - 736
Income biweekly gross $1,425.
Hard to say because I think DCU uses Auto Enhanced?
Either way, they require 680 so if you don't have a prior auto loan baddie, I'd say you stand a very good chance with them as they pull EQ.
Thanks for all the help so far!
By what I gather from the forums DUC uses true FICO and not Auto Enchanced. I submitted the auto loan application on Monday during the afternoon and myFICO Socrewatch alerted of the HP on Tuesday. The status is still set at pending and they haven't requested any documentation yet. My guess is that it's taking some time due to the snow storms in New England area. They did anounce on the ticker on their site that they would be closed in those areas.
Hopefully I'll have an answer soon... the wait and suspense is killing me! haha
Went to a dealer on Monday evening to see pricing and models but the salesperson was pushing for a sale even when I said many time that I was simply browsing and to get an idea of what I could expect in pricing. They were very hesitant to give a 'guestimate" towards a price and only would if I was comitted to buying, which I was once I was approved with DCU or other lender. The manager was pushy too and trying the hardest to get a sale but I didn't give, even though he offered for me to take it home that day and keep it while the loans come through :/ Was tempted but I stood my ground and said no thanks... I'll go again once I have the pre-approval settled and have a better idea of what amount I can aim given the pre-approval amount and what I can pay realistically monthly towards car payments.
It does sucks that in PR we have to pay a excise tax which is added to the final price of the unit. Some that I saw had an ~$4.5k added value :/ That would break my target of $25k for a mid-range model that I was aiming for... Outlander Sport SE 2013 goes to about ~$29k here depending on color and addon.
Let's see how it goes...
Boy dealerships down there seem terrible. THey really want to stop you from comparison shopping don't they? Maybe go all the way except signing with one and then go to the next dealer, repeat, go back to first see if you can get them to beat the second offer and then sign?
Hard to negotiate in that environment...
Seems that way... only went to one dealer and it was very unpleasant. I'm going to a few other later on when and if my app is approved.
Might ask Oriental Bank PR branch to finish up my app and see what they offer since they already pulled my TU report, but that one isnt as good as EX :/