Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU vs CAP1 360?

tag
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

DCU vs CAP1 360?

I have been banking with the former ING for 15 years.  They are now Capital One 360.  I have a checking, savings, a teen saver checking, and 3 savings accounts for my children.  I also have a CapOne secured credit care.  I applied for an auto loan and was given a crap rate of 15%.  I was able to get a loan at 7.79(with someone else) but can probably do a little better.  I was looking at DCU to possibly re-finance with.  Does anyone have any options on their banking products?  They seem to have pretty good reviews.  I do all my banking on-line, since my other credit union is in another state as well.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU vs CAP1 360?

If you don't bank with DCU, they just increase your rate only by 0.50%. So it's most likely still well worth it to refi even if you don't bank with them. What's your FICO score and what bureau is it from?

Message 2 of 8
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

Right now its at 647/TU  My FICO SW is 635.  I think even with those score it was better than that I have now. 

Message 3 of 8
Remember0
Valued Contributor

What's SW?

In general if your FICO's between 640 and 674 on EQ, I think DCU will approve you for 3.74% (with dd).

Message 4 of 8
rearfanged
Valued Member

Stupid question.....what is "dd?"

@Remember0 wrote:

What's SW?

In general if your FICO's between 640 and 674 on EQ, I think DCU will approve you for 3.74% (with dd).

Starting EQ Score 01/26/2013: 519
Current Scores: EQ 649 - TU 694 - EX 628
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

It's direct debit.   Right now I am at a 647.  not sure what my score is going to look like after my new loan starts showing up.  So I will look to refinance after the dust to settle then look to refinance.l 

Message 6 of 8
rearfanged
Valued Member

Aha. Thanks. I'm at 649 EQ Fico... I'm hoping to get DCU to pull my TU....

Starting EQ Score 01/26/2013: 519
Current Scores: EQ 649 - TU 694 - EX 628
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
Remember0
Valued Contributor

I meant direct deposit (dd). You do need to have the loan payments direct debited too, but that's usually less of a concern than switching over direct deposit for most people.

Don't even bother. DCU is a strict EQ puller.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.