Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU vs PENFed Auto Loan- Advice?

tag
Switch2007
Contributor

DCU vs PENFed Auto Loan- Advice?

Hi Everyone! I haven't posted in I dont know how long... but I always come and lurk a little Smiley Happy 

So here it goes, Utilization is at about 55%, no collections, no baddies, everything clean, 2 INQ's, JUST that dang on utilization (GRRRRRR, kicking myself for it)... Discover FICO score is at 695 as of 3/29. Today I've joined both Penfed and DCU (both apps accepted) as I NEED a new car and wanted decent rates that I know I wont get from the dealer. I have NO clue what the process is like, and even further, no clue as to which CU to go with. From the posts here, it seems that DCU may be the best way to go... but is there a way to see if I could be pre-approved for either? Do I attempt an approval without knowing what car I want , just to see how much I can actually get? I dont want to waste a HP with DCU if I wont get an approval, but I see that PenFed may just use what they pulled today for at least 30 days, correct? 

Any help/ advice/ ANYTHING anyone can offer would be amazing. 

Thanks a ton!

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.