cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEALER HIT ME WITH 26 INQUIRIES IN 2 DAYS!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DEALER HIT ME WITH 26 INQUIRIES IN 2 DAYS!

I just pulled my credit after purchasing a new car in March and found out that the first dealer I went to made 19 inquiries between the 3 credit companies the day I went in there and then another 7 times the next day.  12 of the 19 that first day went through TU. 
I told them to start with that I wasn't buying that day and I was already guaranteed 7.4% and just wanted to see what price they would offer on the car I was looking at and what they could offer.  I left that day because they couldn't match my rate and weren't budging on the price of the car.
I only went to 2 dealers and did business with the other the same day they pulled my credit. 
I'm not sure how much this many inquiries will affect my credit but I know comparing the report I pulled in Jan, the difference on the TU is 127pts and the Equifax is about 80.
I filled a complaint with the BBB, but need to know what other recourse I have.
Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DEALER HIT ME WITH 26 INQUIRIES IN 2 DAYS!

If they were all pulled within 14 days they will only count as 1 inquiry, but all inquiries will show on your report....It is an internal thing FICO does were as long as the inquiries were all coded correctly as looking for credit for a vehicle it will only impact your score as 1 inquiry.

As far as any recourse....there isn't any as long as you signed a form authorizing the credit check they can do so as many times as they want ......
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DEALER HIT ME WITH 26 INQUIRIES IN 2 DAYS!

If that's the case then I'm wondering Why my scores took such a hit? The only new items other than those inquiries is the New car and I don't think it would have made that much of a difference .
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.