Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW Auto loan approvals - Mixed

tag
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

DW Auto loan approvals - Mixed

Applied for DW auto loan

Capital One Prequal - Approved but no apr in the letter. DW has Checking/Saving a/c with Capital one.

DCU - Approved with 4.24%. Asking for PO docs to upload

Penfed - rejected due to some vague reasons- Unable to approve due to some lack of loan information. CSR not saying what is being missing. I dont know how to deal with them. DW infact have a penfed card as AU from my credit card. Still missing info?

Local CU - Submitted the app, put the $5 for membership. Uploaded some docs they asked for. Still waiting.

Is DCU rate good to move on? Yet to go to Subaru dealer finance team.

DW scores are around 760's across 3 BRs. 

Inq TU-3, EQ-0, Ex - more than 6. 2 HPs recent on EX

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DW Auto loan approvals - Mixed

DCU uses Equifax mortgage score which may be different than the score you are looking at. 

The 4.24% is not listed on their rate site and is 1/2 point higher than up to 65 month rate listed on their site.

Did they say she qualifies for their best rate?  

Also if you go with DCU seriously consider the GAP insurance even if putting money down.  For a 1 time $299 fee in the event of a total loss they cover the loan, reimburse your insurance deductible and give you $1,000 if you finance a new loan with them.

DCU also offers a .25% discount if you have a checking account with direct deposit and may still be running the same promo where first payment not due for 60 days.

Message 2 of 13
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

DCU uses Equifax mortgage score which may be different than the score you are looking at. 

The 4.24% is not listed on their rate site and is 1/2 point higher than up to 65 month rate listed on their site.

Also if you go with DCU seriously consider the GAP insurance even if putting money down.  For a 1 time $299 fee in the event of a total loss they cover the loan, reimburse your insurance deductible and give you $1,000 if you finance a new loan with them.

DCU also offers a .25% discount if you have a checking account with direct deposit and may still be running the same promo where first payment not due for 60 days.

Yes, We spoke to DCU. They pulled her EQ -741.

They said they can give 3.74% if I open a free checking a/c for DW. But only catch is they are asking to get entire paycheck deposited in order to get that 0.50% discount. I am confused. Is that true? or I can do the partial direct deposit of around $1000 per month? DW already has DD in two other banks Checking a/c.

Total Credit - $535K+

Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GetMeSlick wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, We spoke to DCU. They pulled her EQ -741.

They said they can give 3.74% if I open a free checking a/c for DW. But only catch is they are asking to get entire paycheck deposited in order to get that 0.50% discount. I am confused. Is that true? or I can do the partial direct deposit of around $1000 per month? DW already has DD in two other banks Checking a/c.

You can do partial DD.  Just don't tell them it will be partial.  I used DCU for a auto loan refi a couple years back and took advantage of that deal.  Depostied maybe 50% of my bi-weekly paycheck and they never said a thing or removed the discount. 

I have no complaints about DCU and would recommend them.  My latest vehicle financing is with Lightstream though. and I prefer them due to the "cash" nature of their financing (no lien on the vehicle, ACH cash to my account upon approval, then I shopped as a cash buyer).

Message 4 of 13
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I would check Cap One prequal online.

I got 2.49% for 72 months with no uploads.

Could not have been easier at dealership.

I had lower scores than you but use Cap One cards a lot.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 13
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

GL!

U must have got your loan some time ago with the Fed rate hikes money is costing more to borrow looks like Cap 1 lowest rate is 3.99%.

Message 6 of 13
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

GL!

U must have got your loan some time ago with the Fed rate hikes money is costing more to borrow looks like Cap 1 lowest rate is 3.99%.

Good point.  

2 years ago.

Although my Venture only went up .75% from 13.99% to 14.74% 

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They always ask for entire paycheck but that's not required.

I have never put entire paycheck in.

Message 8 of 13
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

GL!

Yes, this is correct. DW got the cap1 auto loan rate as 3.99%.

I also applied in the local credit union . they said they will offer based on down payments. for our case, they said they will give 3.49%

BOFA approved her for 3.59%

Total Credit - $535K+

Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 9 of 13
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Got the call from Local CU that they approved DW auto loan for 3.49%. I think this is the lowest rate I have got. Plus they are also asking for $75 as VSI fees. Not heard about this before when I took the penfed auto loan.

Buying the GAP from them. Options

1. Can pay onetime $299
  2. Can pay $5 per month for 60 months.

Which one is a good idea? one time Gap or month-on-month, Provided if I plan to do the refi later?

Total Credit - $535K+

Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.