Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealer Wants to check what tier i fall into

tag
Chala
Contributor

Dealer Wants to check what tier i fall into

I am ending a lease with Nissan this month, and shopping over at Infinity, Nissans luxury vehicle division. The salesperson wants my account number or vin, so they can see what finacial tier i am in. My question, is this like running credit, soft or hard pull? Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Dealer Wants to check what tier i fall into

The dealer would legally need your permission to do a hard pull. Most likely it is a soft pull.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Infiniti/Nissan can offer a preapproval based on your prior payment history.  Likely the dealer is going to pull your current vehicle up on Dealertrac and see if the preapproval is already listed.

Message 3 of 7
Chala
Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

Infiniti/Nissan can offer a preapproval based on your prior payment history.  Likely the dealer is going to pull your current vehicle up on Dealertrac and see if the preapproval is already listed.

So that would neither be a hard or soft pull correct?

Message 4 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Chala wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

So that would neither be a hard or soft pull correct?

Correct

Message 5 of 7
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

This is info is correct OP i have had 3 loans thru NMAC currently still have one they can offer u a preapproval just off your payment history.

Message 6 of 7
Chala
Contributor

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

This is info is correct OP i have had 3 loans thru NMAC currently still have one they can offer u a preapproval just off your payment history.

@Anonymous Bigpoppa, and thank you @sccredit

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.