Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decent Scores, lack of ''proof of income''

tag
spygame
Valued Member

Decent Scores, lack of ''proof of income''

I've been searching the forums, and have come across a few posts, with the same problem i am having, but not exactly. I am an international student, been studying in the states for a year and half now, have 6 months left in the completion of my master's degree. I was here as a teenager, and have establised credit since then( father added me to his credit card that i used diligently when out of the country). Due to that fact, my oldest account is some 17 years old, with a high credit limit, have a few recent credit cards that i have had for the last year and half, $4k-5k limits.so the only thing reporting on my reports are revolving accounts with around 10 percent utilization. So i am still being supported by family, who have moved to Canada. I have a part time job, and make around $1200 a month(only allowed to work 20 hrs a week), and have family sending me around $2500 a month plus i have quite a bit of savings. I went into lease a new infiniti g35x, and an uncle was ready to cosign. His credit is top notch..and myfico scores are pretty decent..at ex-719,eq-706,TU 759.., inspite of all this got rejected by Infiniti Financial services due to lack of source of income. I offered them to show my bank statement, with checks coming in regularly, but i can't show enough income otherwise(paystubs,etc.)I also offered to show them an affidavit of support from my parents or the co-signer.They want the primary applicant to be showing a source of income(read:job). So i was considering just financing the vehicle, and this time around, trying myself, without asking my uncle. I m thinking its gonna be tough, considering i have no auto loans or mortgage showing in the report..plus no JOB...but can DEFINATELY afford it. How would i go about financing it, and stupid question, but would there be any credit unions i could be eligible for(being an international student,my uni does not have any of their on fed.CUs)Should i try by going to one of the dealers and showing them myfico.com score reports, and seeing what they can do? Sorry been going on forever, any help in this matter would be great. Thanks in advance. myfico score 09/21/08 ex-719 eq-706 tu-759

Message Edited by spygame on 09-21-2008 11:54 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Decent Scores, lack of ''proof of income''

Why not have the Uncle be the Signer and you be the cosigner....that way his income is verifiable by a full time job.....

Then once you are able to have a full time job you can refinance in your name only.

Your Uncle being the Signer or Co-Signer means nothing different to his credit reports.
Message 2 of 4
scottie_mommy
Regular Contributor

what about the bank that your family makes the deposits into? Have you  tried applying for an auto loan with them?

And Mel, I'm not sure if this is national wide, but my DH is a car salesman here in TX and the driver of the vehicle has to be the primary on the vehicle loan.  Of course, there are dealerships that will put just about anything on the loan documents to sell a car, but most reputable dealerships require that the "owner" be listed as primary. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just moved to Texas in August and bought a new car in September...It is a Texas thing and it might be like that in other states too.

In Nevada it didn't matter who was the primary driver. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.