cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined by NMAC...now what?

tag
tony_stewartfan20

Declined by NMAC...now what?

I've been reading the forums and approvals that various posters have received. After some consideration I went to the Nissan website and applied for preapproval. The day after applying I received an email stating that they couldn't grant preapproval at this time and I was "strongly urged" to go to the local dealership. Should I even try at a dealership? NMAC seemed to have pretty lenient guidlines on credit scores so when the preapproval wasn't granted it made me a little nervous. Anyone else ever had this happen then go to the dealership and things work out favorably? BTW, MyFico Equifax is showing 660. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Elitex
Established Member

Re: Declined by NMAC...now what?

I was approved with Infiniti financial (NMAC) with much lower score than yours. I only had 1 /12 years of auto history. Go into the dealership, they shouldnt have any issues getting you approved.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tony_stewartfan20 wrote:

I've been reading the forums and approvals that various posters have received. After some consideration I went to the Nissan website and applied for preapproval. The day after applying I received an email stating that they couldn't grant preapproval at this time and I was "strongly urged" to go to the local dealership. Should I even try at a dealership? NMAC seemed to have pretty lenient guidlines on credit scores so when the preapproval wasn't granted it made me a little nervous. Anyone else ever had this happen then go to the dealership and things work out favorably? BTW, MyFico Equifax is showing 660. Thanks in advance!

Everyone is different, every deal is too.

Although it is good to gain anectdotal advice from other persons experiences, CREDIT SCORE ALONE DOES NOT DETERMINE A DEAL, RATES OR APPROVAL.

Other factors:

• debt to income ratio
  • gross monthly income, in most cases if you do not make $1,800 a month not counting overtime you are not getting approved.
  • past experience with that specific lender (good track record may get you approved)
  • time on job
  • length of unbroken employment
  • Loan to value of new car
  • type of employment (FT/PT/Self)
  • equity carried into deal (either positinve in the form of downpayment or negative equity from a trade in)

And last but not least: The WHIMS of the bank, They could suddenly decide that people  with a certain score in a certain area are no longer viable, or suddenly decide to lower standards. Or to lower standards for the rest of the month, or to lower standards only on people buying trucks, or people financing between $7,000-$10,000.

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

GO in for sure!

Last year tons of posts about Nissan, Mazada, Ford, so on with how low they will go for special APR and Leasing... Nissan/Infiniti ALWAYS came up going the lowest, think one poster got Altima with 595 on 3.9 or whatever it was at the time.

I also read at least 1 poster who had tried pre-approval and was denied then went in and was approved in a very short time for the special APR.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.