Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Cap1 PreQual

tag
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Denied Cap1 PreQual

For my stepson.
I had him fill out a refinance pre-qualified and was denied.
His scores are all low 600's , thin file, one derog.
Auto is upside down but not too bad....maybe 500-1000 according to which site you use.
Question is ... is it worth just cold app'ing ?
Pre-qualified site is great but every C1 card me or the DW have got is cold app after no prequal.
Any thoughts ?
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Re: Denied Cap1 PreQual

I've gotten the pre qualification letter in the mail a few times and never used it. I applied using the Auto Nav in January and 2 weeks ago with instantly approvals. If Cap1 denied you they will surely give a reasonable explanation.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 2 of 4
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

I've gotten the pre-qualification letter in the mail a few times and never used it. I applied using the Auto Nav in January and 2 weeks ago with instantly approvals. If Cap1 denied you they will surely give a reasonable explanation.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try a good credit union.  Cap One isn't bad but rarely do they beat a good credit union.  DCU is a favorite here.  

What are the details on the car?  Upside down 1k may or may not be an issue based on the year and value of the car.  Older cars can be more difficult to finance.  More details will help us provide good advice.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.