cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied denied denied, why why why

tag
Banin0351

Denied denied denied, why why why

Well, I've been reading the form for a few months and have been trying to repair my credit for the past 3 months, I got it up from 560 to 610 across the board (610 on auto fico too)

I have applied every where for a 14 k loan... i dont get it...

I have 4k down 

I make 1850 gross per month working security ive been on the job for 7 months, prior to this i have been using my post 9/11 gi bill to go to school (still am) i get about 1500 for 6 months out of the year while im in school, this income cant be used on my credit report, trust me i checked, i called 30 diffrent cu's and banks to check there underwritting policy.

heres my credit report

$1200 credit card collection from bof back in 2007 (I was stupid and 18)

600 collection from jcpenny in 2007

key jewelers card  in good standing, $600 credit limit closed in 2008(i dont know why they closed it, i was never late on that one)

i went in the marines and paid Them all off around 2008 

about 6 different medical billmy for collection in 2010

2012 I got a collection from progressive (I will fight it because they gave me no notice and I paid it right away after it showed up on my credit)

I paid all the medical collections about 3 months ago

i opened and cap1 secured card and only have 1 payment on my score in good standing

no other credit history 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
BlueHusky
Contributor

Re: Denied denied denied, why why why

As a marine you should look into the credit unions for army personel...they will work with you more than a bank will.

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 17
electra
Established Contributor

If you were a Marine you may qualify for Navy Federal Credit Union.  They are VERY generous with credit for folks with lower scores/credit issues.

Message 3 of 17
Banin0351

Tryed pacific marine and navy fed, but im thinking of re-apllying and asking for less, i already asked pmcu for $10,000 and they said no and ive been with them for 4 years...... 

**bleep**... I dont get it? What is hurting me so bad that i cant even get a 10k auto loan? 

.... This erks me, ive been saving up 4 grand for awhile. 

Message 4 of 17
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Collections and lack of credit in good standings is my guess. Time on current job probably also but not as much. I've been told in my past experience they like to see atleast a year.

Message 5 of 17
Banin0351

so, do you guys think any one will approve me for a $7k loan? and not a buy here pay here?

Message 6 of 17
electra
Established Contributor

What reason did Navy Fed give for not approving the loan?

Message 7 of 17
Banin0351

I got approved for an 8k loan by common wealth cu over in san jose, ca 

now, i dont understand what this means ?

Is security, the car im buying or the car i already have?  My take on the explanation is that since they gave you a free and clear title, you can improve your loan chance if you put the vehicile you are buying as a security? 

Amount Requested:

$

Security:
Example: For Auto, Boat, Motorcycle or RV list Year, Make and Model

Value of Security:
$
*** The actual loan term will be based on loan amount, age of collateral, and collateral value

Looking for a way to finance the new or used car of your dreams? How about the perfect truck or SUV for work and play? CommonWealth offers members competitive rates on no-cost loans, with no prepayment penalties. You get free and clear title, so you may even be able to use your vehicle as collateral to further improve your financial position.

As a CommonWealth member, you're also entitled to competitive insurance rates and responsive claims service. We have great tools to make your next auto buying experience easy and convenient. Click here to check out our auto buying assistance tools.

Loan Types 

• New Vehicle. Borrow from $2,000 up to $100,000 for a current model-year vehicle with less than 5,000 miles.
  • Newer Used Vehicle. Borrow from $2,000 up to $100,000 for a used vehicle within the past five model years.
  • Older Used Vehicle. Borrow from $2,000 up to $100,000 for a used vehicle from six to ten years old.
  • Auto Equity Loan. Our Auto Equity Loan is a car loan with an added bonus for homeowners! It works just like any other auto loan, with a competitive fixed rate, flexible repayment terms and no prepayment penalty, but it has an added bonus of providing you with a possible tax deduction through a courtesy lien placed on your home, with no equity required. Contact us to learn how you can finance or refinance a new or used auto loan and use your primary California residence to establish a potential tax deduction (check with your tax advisor).
https://www.commonwealthcu.org/?Cabinet=MAIN&Drawer=Borrow&Folder=Autos&SubFolder=Autos&page_name=Au...

Message 8 of 17
Banin0351

Navy fed said, dti, not enough good standing credit history, and to many collections... 

Message 9 of 17
cwpeak
Established Member

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.