cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate - who will give an auto loan out to bad credit score? Help!

tag
irodriguez7885
Valued Member

Re: Desperate - who will give an auto loan out to bad credit score? Help!

There is a place called Prestige Financial that helps people that have recently filed a bankruptcy to aquire loans. Just not sure if there are just in my state of NM or nationwide? Worth looking into though.

Message 11 of 17
cdtotten
Established Contributor

You said you pulled your Experian score on myfico, but myfico does not sell an experian score. Did you mean Equifax?

If that is your Equifax fico, you are going to have a rough time getting a loan. You are almost going to have to go to a local dealer that offers in house financing, plead your case and see what they will give you. Based on what you have said, needing a truck is going to be even harder. You are more than likely upside down in your current car, and have bad credit. That is a bad recipe for a car loan.

Maybe a local credit union might be able to help you? Take your credit report with you to the CU, show it to them and ask if they would be able to help you.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were actually approved through Capital One...however we would have to get a 2010 or newer vehicle and interest rate is 10.3....so I assume that is high? Sorry Im out of the car interest rate loop. Would it be possible to call them and work them down to a lower interest rate?

Message 13 of 17
elzgarland
Valued Member

I think 10.3 is actually a pretty decent rate considering your scores. Pay on time for 6-12 months, this will help your score and then you can possibly refinance at a lower rate.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes good idea. Maybe also put some money down with the purchase and bring our monthly payment down...Has anyone ever used capital one?

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do the capital one.

That is a great rate.

buy what yuou can afford and be conservative.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get approved with Cap One with a 10.3 interest rate with those scores?  My wife and I have higher scores and no one will even look at us.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.