cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to unfreeze my CR's before using Cap One Auto Navigator or any other pre-app site?

tag
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

Do I need to unfreeze my CR's before using Cap One Auto Navigator or any other pre-app site?

I am thinking about utilizing either Cap One Auto Navigator to see my options before heading out to my GMC dealership this time around.  All 3 of my reports I have a freeze on.  I wonder if these need to be lifting prior?  I am kind of excited for this time around than in 2020 when I drove off with my 2020 GMC Terrain Lease.  Due to previous credit I was approved but left having a $599 monthly lease.  Flash forward to now and my enhanced fico auto scores are all over 700 with all three having a middle score of 709 so I am thinking whatever I decide on my auto payment should be lower.  Any other thoughts or ideas are appreciated, thanks!  For a quick comparison, back in March 2020 my scores were below 600.  

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Do I need to unfreeze my CR's before using Cap One Auto Navigator or any other pre-app site?

Yup, you need to unfreeze them, or you'll get an error message. 

Message 2 of 5
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do I need to unfreeze my CR's before using Cap One Auto Navigator or any other pre-app site?

@Gmood1 wrote:

Yup, you need to unfreeze them, or you'll get an error message. 

awesome, thank you so much @Gmood1 .  Would this also apply to asking my current CC for CLI?  I think this may have been why my apple CC was denied a CLI recently.  Thank you again!!!

Message 3 of 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Not sure about the Capital One CC. But yes, some lenders do soft pull for CLI. I've been denied CLIs because my reports were frozen.

Message 4 of 5
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

@Gmood1 ok, great, thank you again. So helpful!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.