Do i qualify for a auto loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do i qualify for a auto loan?

Credit Score: FICO: 590 EQ 618 TU 548 EX
FACO Vantage: 536 TU 527 EQ N/A for EX
AAoA: 3 years and 2 months
# of positive trade lines: capital one Secured 200$, discover secured $200, Fingerhut 500$
# of negative trade lines:
Student loans currently in forbearance since October 2017, lapsed in September
Income: gross 40000 annually, biweekly net 1400, and my boyfriend weekly $320 (he has no credit and no debt) I plan on doing uber and bringing home average of 150$ a week or more
Lenght of Employment: 1 year
Previous Loan Experience: 0 car loan experience, 10 student loans (forbearance), 1 other loan (paid as agreed),
Debt-to-Income (DTI): with my boyfriend income its 14%

Year of Car: 2018-2013

Miles: 60k or less

Purchase/Refinance: purchase NA

Requested loan term (XX Months): no more than 6 years

Down payment amount: 3000 firm

Co-borrower/Co-Signer: nobody just me

Other: No military affiliation, did Capital One overqualified and got denied, did Carvana prequalified and got a 17.78 interest rate

Please consider that I'm 23yo amd my inaurance although I never have been in an accident will be high. (Any advice on insurance companies will be awesome too!)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do i qualify for a auto loan?

Is your BF a co-signer? If not, don’t include his income. I’d say yes, you can get a loan. However, you won’t likely get very good terms. Outside of military, can you obtain membership in any other CU? CUs in general have decent terms and give your membership consideration in the process.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I'm reading your post right your student loans lapsed out of forbearance? If that's the case they are reported delinquent? We also need to know how much your rent or mortgage is to get a better idea of how much your be approved for on a loan.

With scores and such a thin profile you will most likely need a cosigner and need to be in a new car. If you can get a cosigner it with good credit it will help with your rate. Even with a CU with scores like this it will still be a high rate. When I was rebuilding I was in the low 600s and got whacked with a 18.9% from my CU and I was happy coming from a 25.9% so I felt the pain.

I'm finally down to a 2.49% but it took me 5 years to rebuild my credit. Good luck.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bf will not be my cosigner. Ok I was thinking about DCU. I don't have any CUs. But if I create a membership with them today would o be eligle for their terms tomorrow?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.