cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do positive Installment Loans (non-auto) factor into Auto Fico when applying for car loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do positive Installment Loans (non-auto) factor into Auto Fico when applying for car loan?

Just curious if anyone can confirm this or not. I've only had an auto loan for 2 months or so now, while before this one I've only had a mortgage loan. As of right now, there has been no score change for the good or worse. So I'm thinking maybe when I went to apply in the first place, they counted my positive mortgage history...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Do positive Installment Loans (non-auto) factor into Auto Fico when applying for car loan?

Has the auto loan made it to the reports yet? It can take a couple of cycles for some lenders to report.

You are likely getting credit for having a different credit type than just revolving (credit card) already.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do positive Installment Loans (non-auto) factor into Auto Fico when applying for car loan?

Not that I have noticed to answer your title question.
When they looked at approving you i am sure they based an approval on your current trade lines
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.