Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Dealership Give out information about credit inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the Dealership Give out information about credit inquiry

I would like to know what the Dealerships tell you when you are approved or declined.  Do they have details as to why, etc?  I don't really want that info talked about whether I am approved or declined. 

I am just getting back on my feet financially and it is a horrid, horrid story that, although not completely my fault, I don't want my significant other to hear about.  It stretches back to my ex hubby. 

Thanks for any input.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
edly

Re: Does the Dealership Give out information about credit inquiry

They will pull your FICO Auto Industry Option score. Typically a few points higher than your FICO score.

You should ask for a copy of your credit report. They will give it to you. It will have your FICO Auto Industry Option score on there from the bureaus they used.

While you're in the sales manager's office you can casually bring up your score and what they think of it. Why they accepted or rejected, etc...

Being judged is a harrowing experience for most everyone--even those with great credit. Don't take it so hard because the dealer isn't really scrutinizing you and should be interested in getting you approved.

Message 2 of 3
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Does the Dealership Give out information about credit inquiry

If you are approved, (and I believe you will be based on your other thread) they will come back and say "HEY CONGRATS WE GOT YOU APPROVED AT AN ATTRACTIVE RATE OF 4%".  Please negotiate this rate.

If you are unapproved, they may or may not give a reason. They might say "oh DTI is too high, husband cosign?!" I don't think they like to convey unapproved unless they think there is a way to get around it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.