cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duration of auto loan while on work visa?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duration of auto loan while on work visa?

I had a question regarding application for an auto loan while on work visa in USA.

My husband and I are both on H1-B work visa working for different firms and are looking at purchasing a new car via a joint loan(hoping to get a lowest APR offered by car dealers that way). We also plan to make a down payment upto 30-35% of the total price of the new 2012 vehicle.

Since most loans cannot be offered for a period beyond the visa expiry date, I wanted to know:

• how would the loan period be calculated in our case where I have my visa which is valid for the next one year (with a possible 3 year extension after renewal) while my husband has his visa valid for the next 3 years?
  • what would be the maximum period be for the loan to be paid off - will it be in the next 3 years or will it be a 1 year period?

Thanks. Appreciate your inputs.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Duration of auto loan while on work visa?

Someone here might know, but you might get your question answered more quickly by calling a dealer, bank, or credit union and asking them. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.