cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(EDIT) New vehicle sooner than we thought...

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Re: No new vehicle for us any time soon.

@lajntx we have a 32' bumper pull camper that weighs upwards of 9k

@Remember0 My pre-tax income isn't much, only around $25k but I have an additional $10k income from other sources and hubby's is about $80k.  His credit isn't good enough for him to apply on his own.

Message 11 of 41
Shellie
Valued Contributor

What is DCU?

Message 12 of 41
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Digital Credit Union?  I called them and looked over their website and they look like a possibility.  Another hang up is my income.  We can't use his credit.  His score is only 580 and he has a bunch of stuff to work on still.  We aren't in a big rush.  Just seeing what options are out there. 

Message 13 of 41
Remember0
Valued Contributor

With a 25k (or even 35k) income, I could see DCU approving for 15k or 20k.

Your best chance maybe at a dealership. But the thing is you may want to put down household income on the dealers app, because w/ a 20k stated income you'll run into the same issues.

A 580 isn't that terrible for auto finance. Does he have a tax lien, unpaid alimony, unpaid child support, or unpaid judgment on his credit?

Message 14 of 41
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You're from Oklahoma, I know this because of the posts in the Rebuilding forums.  There's a few places here that might get you a better deal.  Tinker Federal Credit Union is a good source, decent rates.  I also like the Bank of Oklahoma, they've treated me very well over the past few years and will bend over backwards for me if I ask them to.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 41
Shellie
Valued Contributor

@Shogun- Tinker is the one who quoted me the 10.99% and $10-15k loan numbers.

@Remember0- He does have a tax lien, and a whole lot of collections.  The OK Tax Comm is only doing a partial withdrawal of the tax lien so it will remain on his name.  No alimony.  Child support, but reports as 'pays as agreed'.  On his reports the CS shows up as a positive account.  I think most or his collections are from 08/09 time frame.  Honestly His is overwhelming so I haven't started on his.

Message 16 of 41
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Gotcha. I mean honestly you may still need him on the loan to get approved for the amount you're looking for. At a dealer you should be the primary applicant and him secondary. Some financial institutions will only look at the first person's credit score, so that'll work in your guys' favor. Give me a day, let me see if I can find some finance companies that would only consider the primary score that you can apply to online.

Message 17 of 41
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

i got preapproved through nfcu for 8.8 chase 5%  and went to the dealership, my fico was 669 719 (719 was my auto enhanced)  Dealer pulled credit and got me 3.15! with Wells Fargo. I chose a large volume Ford store so I wouldnt be killed on pulls.

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 18 of 41
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Well looks like a new vehicle is happening sooner rather than later.  Some one pulled out in front of me Fridays and totaled my Flex.  I'm still waiting on all the ins of course but they told me I could probably start looking now.  I think I'm going to try DCU first and see what they have to say before I put myself at the mercy of the dealerships, haha.

Message 19 of 41
GooseGirl
Contributor

Oh dear. i hope you are doing ok. That's a pretty crappy reason to have to buy a new vehicle. I will cross my fingers for you that DCU is able to get you a good rate!

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.