cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(EDIT) New vehicle sooner than we thought...

tag
coterotie
Established Contributor

Re: No new vehicle for us any time soon.

Also point out that you don't know how the other cars were maintained, you do know how yours was maintained etc. So that has significant value to you.  You will have to miss work to look for a vehicle as will your husband and you expect to be conpensated for the "acts of your insured."  Let them know you aren't a pushover and know they have flexibility in what they can pay you for your trouble caused by "their insured."  If in person, rub your neck a lot...Smiley Very Happy

@Shellie wrote:

I just made my car payment yesterday.  I know better than to not make my payment!  I looked yesterday and had trouble finding the same model online to compare.  I had a 2009 Ford Flex SEL rear buckets. rear entertainment, FWD 108k miles

Message 31 of 41
Shellie
Valued Contributor

If book value of mine is only arounf the $15k mark can I actually expect to get more?  

Message 32 of 41
Remember0
Valued Contributor

What book value are you talking about? In other words, where does the 15k come from? In general there's different "books." Most of the books aren't used by insurance companies who use the "black book" to which you have no access. The only way to really  counter the insurance companies black book offer is to use comparables.

I'll try to look for some comparables in the TX/OK area and I'll post them here in a few hours.

Message 33 of 41
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I use the NADA guides.  That's what I've always seen lenders use.

Message 34 of 41
Remember0
Valued Contributor

You probably found these, but here's some comparables I found that you could send to the insurance company if push came to serve:

Pretty local to Tulsa, OK (not sure exactly where you are):

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=136526060

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=605201256

These are more than 100+ miles away though:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=603871935

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=601445085

Honestly given the scarcity of these cars near you (I'd say more than 100 miles away is unreasonable), I'd argue (if you need to with the insurance company) that it's all the more reason you deserve at least 15k if not more. Also even if they give you just book value of 15k, you deserve to get back TTL (I'd mention doc fees too) on that 15k don't forget.

Message 35 of 41
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Yay! State Farm made me an offer today! they offered $16,691!   $16,100 plus $500 taxes and $100 fees.  I'm really pleased with this offer. I feel like that is fair, that's a little over what NADA says is clean retail.

Message 36 of 41
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Re: (EDIT) New vehicle sooner than we thought...

Don't be afraid to accept it if you've done your homework and find the offer fair.

I know some people will say never accept an opening offer -- but my personal experience has been the offer is sometimes unexpectedly generous and often they're just concerned with settling and closing the claim ASAP so they make a very strong offer from the beginning.
Message 37 of 41
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I have done my research and that is a fair offer.  That is the actual value of my car.  I accepted it.  It is several thousand over what is owe so there was no reason to haggle.

Message 38 of 41
Remember0
Valued Contributor

+1. I'd definitely agree that it's a fair offer. Kudos to State Farm and it certainly saved you a lot of work!

Message 39 of 41
Shellie
Valued Contributor

So now it's time to buy.  Called my bank Monday and he said go get whatever.  I told him I wanted to but around $20-21k..  They don't report so I wont take a hit on my UTL.  And he isn't even going to pull my credit so no new INQ.

BUT it's 7.5%.  He said that's what rate everyone gets.

Or attempt DCU.  My EQ is 656 right now.  They give that 1.24% to 675 and over.  I would qualify for 4.something%

So torn!! Not to mention what to buy.  I have several internal debates going on right now!  Haha.  Taurus is a great car and a good deal but I have a 13, 11 and 2 yo.  Hubs like the Dodge Caravan with the Swivel 'N Go seating.  I am so NOT a minivan fan.  GAG!  Haha.  I know it's practical tho.

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.