Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian score used for approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian score used for approval

Hello all. I'm in the market of hopefully purchasing a new car. My experian score is 682, trans union 544 and equifax 549. Are there any banks that will only pull my experian score to get approved? I went to a Honda dealership in Chicago a couple months ago and they only pulled my trans union which is my worst score. Any help would be appreciated!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Experian score used for approval

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all. I'm in the market of hopefully purchasing a new car. My experian score is 682, trans union 544 and equifax 549. Are there any banks that will only pull my experian score to get approved? I went to a Honda dealership in Chicago a couple months ago and they only pulled my trans union which is my worst score. Any help would be appreciated!

Did you get those scores here or somewhere else?

Are they from the new 3 bureau reports that just came out last week showing 2 of 3 auto enhanced scores? http://www.myfico.com/Products/FICO-Score-3-Report-View/

If you don't know your auto enhanced scores, it is worth getting the new reports so you can see where you are scorewise.

You might also want to visit the rebuilding forum to see what you can do to bump your scores up over 600

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your other option is to go to another dealer. Most dealers send out requests to banks. And the banks individually pull reports (hence people getting 10 or 12 inquiries from car shopping.) You will get a variety of approvals/declines and various rates depending on which bank pulls which report.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, my experience in shopping for a used car last year (didn't purchase but stupidly took on some INQs), WFDS, Up2Drive and Bank of America only pulled EX.

I'm pretty sure who they pull from can vary based on your geographic location though, so I would recommend pfarro1's advice and let the dealership request financing.

You might want to check out Who Gave Me Credit, you could search by score and see who is lending to similar scores also.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.