Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on extended warranty that penfed sells

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feedback on extended warranty that penfed sells

I’m currently purchasing a 2014 Ram 1500 and financing through penfed. I see that they offer an extended warranty, while I normally would not purchase this it seems worthwhile in this case. The truck has 113,000 mile, and have heard from friends who are mechanics that these trucks have a few issues. The biggest is the cam shaft wearing down.

So.... any feedback on penfed’s warranty? Any good? Or any recommendations on a quality warranty that doesn’t break the bank?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Feedback on extended warranty that penfed sells

I don't have any experience with PenFed's extended warranty but another issue to watch for on the Ram 1500 is the Fuel Sensor.  It will go out and then the entire fuel pump needs to replaced.  Cost to repair = $900-$1,100 because the tank has to be dropped.  

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feedback on extended warranty that penfed sells

The real question regardless of one's stance on extended warrranties here, is how much is this warranty, what does it cover, what is the coverage length, how much is the deductible,  and what is the maximum coverage it will provide?

These are the real question's to ask in this situation in order to make an educated decision, if said warranty was $1,000, cover's powertrain only for 5 yr's or 60k miles, has a $0 deductible, and a max coverage limit of $10k, it would be a no-brainer to me. Obviously that is just an example, and probably an example that isn't even possible, but it's relevant in showing that if there is enough value in the warranty versus the cost, then yes it is worth purchasing.

Can you find out from Penfed, these detail's so we can try to help guide you to making the best decision?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.