Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few questions on new auto loan specifically NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Few questions on new auto loan specifically NFCU

Planning on applying for a new auto loan / CLOC w/ NFCU after the Sept AR - after my research it seems they will give me the best rate. I may consider trying PenFed as I see they are good also, but as good as NFCU has been to me I'm happy to give them the business.

Anyway, I have the vehicle narrowed down to 2 or 3 different ones. My employer has discounts available with certain dealerships & manufacturers, as well as the NFCU auto buying program mentions predetermined lowest rate. Can I combine these deals? I read the sticky at the top for new loans, and I think the internet shopping may be a good idea. Does the NFCU auto buying process eliminate the need as its a truley predetermined price etc?

Any other tips or tricks I should learn, articles or posts to read?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Few questions on new auto loan specifically NFCU

None of the special buying programs allow you to combine discounts.  I wouldn't bother waiting till the AR because it won't do you any good as both the CLOC and auto loan will require seperate inquires so there is no benefit to waiting for the AR.  The AR is only of value for a non HP CLI on your CC and even then you can sometimes get an HP.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

++1

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought there was history of CLOC/Auto being done w/ 1 hp because it is same underwriters but I guess I am wrong.

With that being said, I need to wait until august to clear up a few things before applying for the auto, and once that is done I'll pull the trigger on the CLOC. 

Unless there is better success w/ doing CLOC now and auto in 30-45 days??

Thank's for clearing that up for me. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought there was history of CLOC/Auto being done w/ 1 hp because it is same underwriters but I guess I am wrong.

With that being said, I need to wait until august to clear up a few things before applying for the auto, and once that is done I'll pull the trigger on the CLOC. 

Unless there is better success w/ doing CLOC now and auto in 30-45 days??

Thank's for clearing that up for me. 

I have never had any luck with getting NFCU to share hard pulls for different products.  I have had them HP me three times in the same day for three products.  I would do the auto loan first and the CLOC but I don't think you need to space them out much if at all.  If you have the profile for CLOC you will get approved regardless of an auto loan.  CLOC is a great product to have, we don't use ours much but my wife and I both have accounts and each have 15k CLOCs availble so its nice to have that flexibility if we need it.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.