Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico needed for top tier BMW Auto loan?

tag
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

Fico needed for top tier BMW Auto loan?

I'm planning to go with my credit union for my next car loan, but I'm curious what fico score is needed for top tier with BMW Financial. I've had a BMW loan in the past, but refi'd with my CU. Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Fico needed for top tier BMW Auto loan?

No one can put an exact number on the table here. In order to get the best terms from BMW, though, you’ll most likely need a long and clean history and few recent accounts/inqs. Not to mention a high income. If you were going to demand an actual number, I’d say high 700s would get you there assuming your credit history is good. But like I just said in another thread, the dealership will ALWAYS get you approved. The question is on what terms.

Good luck and enjoy that shiny new Beamer!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 13
calyx
Super Contributor

@myscorerocks wrote:

I'm planning to go with my credit union for my next car loan, but I'm curious what fico score is needed for top tier with BMW Financial. I've had a BMW loan in the past, but refi'd with my CU. Thanks!

Can you call your dealership and ask?   When I was car hunting my last go-round, the finance manager just told me what score I would need and the bureau they pulled.  Admittedly not a BMW, and I have a history with that dealership, but they didn't seem to mind telling me.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 13
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

I've had a BMW loan in the past and I didn't have a long history, high income, or few inquiries and my interest rate with them was 10%. So, I'm hoping this time I'll be able to qualify for the lowest rate. I think I'll call and see if they're willing to offer up some numbers! Last time I refi'd with my credit union after 6 months, as it was only my second car loan. 

Message 4 of 13
LakeLife
Established Contributor

I had a BMW Financial loan in 2010 of 1.9% and probably had low 700s at the time.  

Message 5 of 13
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

What calyx said. Call and ask the Finance Manager. He/She should be willing to tell to you the necessary score and the bureau pulled. My wife got top-tier financing on her last BMW (either 0.6% or 0.7%) with a score in the low 700's. 

@calyx wrote: Can you call your dealership and ask?   When I was car hunting my last go-round, the finance manager just told me what score I would need and the bureau they pulled.  Admittedly not a BMW, and I have a history with that dealership, but they didn't seem to mind telling me.

Message 6 of 13
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@myscorerocks wrote:

As others have said, scores in the low 700s likely will get you Tier 1 (A) financing. And you'll almost certainly always get a better rate from BMW Finance than from your credit union or bank, especially if you wait until they have an end-of-month or -year sale. That's because BMW (like all other auto manufacturers) wants to sell cars and subsidizes their auto loans. Promotional APR can be as low as 0% (the best) but more often 1.9% APR.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a CPO 340i with the 2.49% for 60 months promo with a EX Auto Enhanced 728. 

Message 8 of 13
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

Thanks, what state are you in? Experian is my lowest score. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myscorerocks wrote:

Thanks, what state are you in? Experian is my lowest score. 

I'm in CA. They pulled all 3 scored for me so they can use the highest score to get approved. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.