Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Credit Pays The Last $10.00 of Your Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ford Credit Pays The Last $10.00 of Your Loan

I have been paying on my Ford Motor Credit Corp loan since August, 2014. At first I made rather large payments. Then I discovered the Forums and what was needed for a higher score. The loan was a few hundred dollars so I started paying less. The last payment took my balance down to $9.80. I received a notication from CreditSesame last evening that an account had closed. Checking I saw it was FMCC. I "spoke" with a CSR. She explained that $10.00 and under, FMCC makes the balance go away. I realize my score will now drop a bit. Hey, I have lunch money today! Arby's sounds good.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ford Credit Pays The Last $10.00 of Your Loan

Congrats on paying off your loan.  It will continue to reward you with a good score showing a positive history. 

Message 2 of 8
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Congrats, and I guess that may be something I have to look forward to.  Free lunch sounds great!  

Message 3 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Sweet! I hear their gyros are good. 

Congrats on paying off the loan! The car is so much more enjoyable now, eh?

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 8
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Gotta love FMC. They gave me a six-year loan at Zero percent APR. And they'll pay the last $10. What's not to like about that?! :-)

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

how cool is that ? congrats on going the distance on your auto loan....

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not much of a high driving a Focus. My previous car drowned in a flood and I needed a car fast. Considering that I drive over 25 miles one way to work, wanted to buy a locally made car, and that my saved cash for a Mustang went to pay my daughter's wedding two months prior, I wanted something economical. Thus, the Focus. I have a drive during the Summer only 1955 Tbird that is my drive to impress.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have an opportunity to have paid no interest and to actually earn money for buying a financed through Ford car!  If only FMCC allowed payment via CC!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.