cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford, Nissan, VW Credit Pulls and Tiers... Hope it helps!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Ford, Nissan, VW Credit Pulls and Tiers... Hope it helps!

TU Auto Enhanced was pulling 677 which for all 3 of these companies is Tier B or Tier 2.

TU from Walmart about 45 Days behind was down to 654 I believe currently showing.

Ford = EX & TU - Was told they could Tier 1 me if I put the full $2880 down that is national special which would defeat the purpose of getting a deal (Sales guy didn't understand how that wasn't a deal and further then started to insult the other places and saying when you arrive and the numbers start changing you just let me know!

BTW already had the full confirmed offer at Infiniti!

Nissan = TU 2 - 12th and 13th - Tier 2 but he got me tier 1 about an hour later

Credco - I assume VW = EX & TU - Tier 2, If I went in, Tier 1 would not be issue he states and believe it.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Re: Ford, Nissan, VW Credit Pulls and Tiers... Hope it helps!

I recently used Ford Motor Credit. At the time they pulled TU and my score was 681 which qualified me for 0% for 60 months or 1.9% for 72, I fell under tier 1. I took  advantage of the $1750 cash back incentive. 

Message 2 of 9
Cellice
Regular Contributor

Are you asking a question....?

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Cellice wrote:

Me? No, just thought I would post the INQ and what Tier that put me in.  VW has called a couple times now, including the manager from the sales guy cell... I told him I would not go above $200/month with No Money down... Im actually little shocked he didn't say he could do it.  We were at $189 on 10k Miles Year with $2k Down.  I said I know $200-$300 is a big jump in the scheme of things but for me in my head it's not and you can tell me all day long that the VW is better car, cheaper to run, full maint. package but Im going to choose $42k car over $22K car ANYDAY! sorry.

Message 4 of 9
Cellice
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Cellice wrote:

Me? No, just thought I would post the INQ and what Tier that put me in.  VW has called a couple times now, including the manager from the sales guy cell... I told him I would not go above $200/month with No Money down... Im actually little shocked he didn't say he could do it.  We were at $189 on 10k Miles Year with $2k Down.  I said I know $200-$300 is a big jump in the scheme of things but for me in my head it's not and you can tell me all day long that the VW is better car, cheaper to run, full maint. package but Im going to choose $42k car over $22K car ANYDAY! sorry.

You are going to have to provide some context on what you are trying to buy. Montlhy payment does not mean anything. VW does not have huge profit margins so it is possible he might not be able to lower the price more. When it comes to a lease you are not buying a 42K or a 22K car. You are leasing a car for the estimated depreciation over the lease term. Luxury cars have higher resale value which is why their lease payments can come close to those of cheaper cars.

You seem to be all over the place to be honest. You are shopping by monthly payment. You are an easy target to get ripped off.

Message 5 of 9
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Do you need to purchase immediately? If not, you coulld wait until the end of the year when VW has their annual "Sign and Drive" event which requires no down payment and a signature. Just a suggestion. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Cellice wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Cellice wrote:

You are going to have to provide some context on what you are trying to buy. Montlhy payment does not mean anything. VW does not have huge profit margins so it is possible he might not be able to lower the price more. When it comes to a lease you are not buying a 42K or a 22K car. You are leasing a car for the estimated depreciation over the lease term. Luxury cars have higher resale value which is why their lease payments can come close to those of cheaper cars.

You seem to be all over the place to be honest. You are shopping by monthly payment. You are an easy target to get ripped off.

HAHA - I am kind of all over the place, it's how I do everything! Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's exhausting!

Anyway I know Im renting and that is why price is close but even more reason to lease the $42k car... VW is toting add-ons and luxury like auto windows.... If that is a package that I have to pay for, it is not a car Im going to lease... I know how that sounds but don't get confused that I have never had a car with no power windows, or locks, or that I might not have another one tomorrow... the point is though why pay $250 when I could just pay $300... Im not shopping just overall cost of car or a payment... Im not AS good on a lease math but Im aware of payments and if that's all your looking at funky things start to appear in the paperwork.  Plus this would be our 2nd Infiniti... I don't think we gotten taken to the cleaners last time, just different time right now and better interest rates driving leases down.

Point is... This started as lets just get a CHEAP LEASE on something "Cute" like a Fiat Convertible or something... a car to pop around town for errands for me or on a cooler day for my partner to drive to work (he wanted the convertible to begin with before he got his G37) but all of a sudden that pop around town car because $200-$250 if I wanted a year window to come with it (kidding) But seriously... Lease a BASE Fiat for $189/month 42 months!  They are not looking very highly on their vehichle if the lease pays 80% of car!!!

Plus the cheaper you go with a car the more expensive it costs to bring it into an area of options that I might want.... and there I go again... Ill stop so I don't go in circles... Im not looking to lease at all right now, might consider buying something under $5k and just pay cash but otherwise just think Ill hang tight now...

tomorrow AM I may wake up and do something else, but for now... NOT LOOKING to buy or to lease!!

Message 7 of 9
jwills1218
Regular Contributor

@PrettyNPink wrote:

Do you need to purchase immediately? If not, you coulld wait until the end of the year when VW has their annual "Sign and Drive" event which requires no down payment and a signature. Just a suggestion. Smiley Happy

This is only for lease right?

8/14/2014
EQ: 604
TU: 607
EXP: 610

8/22/14
607, 612, 629
Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jwills1218 wrote:

@PrettyNPink wrote:

This is only for lease right?

Yes, But you could get $0 down any day!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.