Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Financial Lease Approval

tag
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

GM Financial Lease Approval

Just wanted to share some stats on my new truck lease. With used car values soaring (at least where I live), I decided to sell my 7 year old truck with 50k miles. I sold it for $9k less than what I paid for it when it was brand new - so that was a win. 

Now - in the interest of full disclosure - I work at a new car dealership. For my new vehicle, I decided to lease a 2020 Chevy Silverado LTZ 4wd. For 36 months at 15k miles/year, it had a 59% residual. I had the finance manager directly send my info (without the dealership pulling my credit) to GMF only - resulting in only one inquiry and it was on TU. I don't know what GMF pulled as a score, but my auto enhanced TU is 782 on here. My app was auto-approved in about 30 seconds. 

With my GM dealer employee discount, a 59% residual, and a money factor of .00052 (buy rate), I got a new $57k truck for $570/month! No money down and first payment waived. The icing on the cake: I'm getting a check back for the full value of the paid off truck that I sold. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: GM Financial Lease Approval

Congratulations on your approval and new truck!
Message 2 of 10
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Awesome deal, congrats. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 3 of 10
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys!

In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 4 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!!!

Message 5 of 10
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@JGGM wrote:

Just wanted to share some stats on my new truck lease. With used car values soaring (at least where I live), I decided to sell my 7 year old truck with 50k miles. I sold it for $9k less than what I paid for it when it was brand new - so that was a win. 

Now - in the interest of full disclosure - I work at a new car dealership. For my new vehicle, I decided to lease a 2020 Chevy Silverado LTZ 4wd. For 36 months at 15k miles/year, it had a 59% residual. I had the finance manager directly send my info (without the dealership pulling my credit) to GMF only - resulting in only one inquiry and it was on TU. I don't know what GMF pulled as a score, but my auto enhanced TU is 782 on here. My app was auto-approved in about 30 seconds. 

With my GM dealer employee discount, a 59% residual, and a money factor of .00052 (buy rate), I got a new $57k truck for $570/month! No money down and first payment waived. The icing on the cake: I'm getting a check back for the full value of the paid off truck that I sold. 

Nicely done. What state are you located in?

Message 6 of 10
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

@randomguy1  Texas

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you located ? 

@JGGM wrote:

Message 8 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice, congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Wow! Wow! Congratulations 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.