2022 Genesis G70 - new purchase 

$55,240
3.9% - 72 month 
HP:  TransUnion

FICO AUTO 9:  780

State:  MO

Loan Amount:  $53,240

Payment:  $831

I love the G70!  Did you get a $500 rebate for using Hyundai?  If so, do you plan to refinance?  Any credit union can beat that APR with your CS.

Message 2 of 8
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Re: Genesis/Hyundai Motor Finance

No.  How do I get the $500 rebate?

Yes.  They asked me to make four payments before I refinance or pay it off.  The dealer gets some sort of bonus if I do that.  

BOA approved me for 1.95% @ 60 months.  

Message 3 of 8
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@LittleSal wrote:

No.  How do I get the $500 rebate?

Hyundai is advertising it for using Hyundai Finance.  Might not apply to Genesis models though.  Congrats regardless!

Message 4 of 8
Ragnar375

For what it's worth, I bought a palisade (SE) in Aug 2019 with much lower scores than yours and Hyundai gave me 2.9 for 72 months. But I did put down a sizeable amount of cash ($8k?). 

One year later I wanted a nicer trim (SEL) and a dealer offered me near an even trade (including the down payment from first purchase and one year of payments). Again, Hyundai financed me for 72 months at 2.9%. 

Message 5 of 8
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Nice!   I told them I wasn't happy with the 3.9%. I was looking for 2.9%.  They kept talking about rates going up and tough times for car dealerships.   🙄

They also would only let put $2,000 down.  I guess to keep the loan amount high?

These are strange times to buy an in demand car.  I ordered it 8 months ago and they threw in an extended warranty so overall I'm still happy!    Love the G70! 

I tried to post a picture of it but said file too large? 

Message 6 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@LittleSal wrote:

Nice!   I told them I wasn't happy with the 3.9%. I was looking for 2.9%.  They kept talking about rates going up and tough times for car dealerships.   🙄

They also would only let put $2,000 down.  I guess to keep the loan amount high?

These are strange times to buy an in demand car.  I ordered it 8 months ago and they threw in an extended warranty so overall I'm still happy!    Love the G70! 

Congrats on the approval, and hopefully you can start the refinance process.  There's no need for 4 payments to go through first, the dealership didn't do you any favors on the rate so in my opinion there's no reason to wait. 

Max filesize for pictures is 1MB I believe so it sounds like you'll need to reduce the size / change format to upload.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 8
LakeLife
Established Contributor

You can use an online image resizer like this one to make it smaller:

Simple Image Resizer 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.