cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a new Vehicle finance, will this affected my fico score??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting a new Vehicle finance, will this affected my fico score??

I had to finance a vehicle due to mistakes of leasing one in the service, My score is pretty good and I had to get another vehicle this year. How will this impact my score? Currently my score is in the 700s.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Getting a new Vehicle finance, will this affected my fico score??

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to finance a vehicle due to mistakes of leasing one in the service, My score is pretty good and I had to get another vehicle this year. How will this impact my score? Currently my score is in the 700s.  

Hi there.

Much depends on what your report looked like before the loan. You will probably lose a few points but no one can say with absolute certainty.

You'll have a new inquiry and a new credit line showing up. Plus it might lower your AAoA (Average Age of Accounts) depending on the age of existing accounts.

Any sort of ding you might get though will rebound in 6-12 months IMO (In My Opinion).

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.