Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an Auto Loan/Credit Card with NO CREDIT/"THIN FILE"

tag
jnkoutsoukos
New Visitor

Getting an Auto Loan/Credit Card with NO CREDIT/"THIN FILE"

I just applied and was accepted for a Secured Credit Card through Capital One but I have been looking into getting a new car and was told to also go to Capital One for the "blank check." I know I can afford any car payment up to $300/month and I was still denied. Does anyone know of another way to receive an auto loan with out using a co-signer?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jboy1972
New Contributor

Re: Getting an Auto Loan/Credit Card with NO CREDIT/"THIN FILE"

@jnkoutsoukos wrote:

I just applied and was accepted for a Secured Credit Card through Capital One but I have been looking into getting a new car and was told to also go to Capital One for the "blank check." I know I can afford any car payment up to $300/month and I was still denied. Does anyone know of another way to receive an auto loan with out using a co-signer?

Are you a member of a CU?? NFCU? I know NFCU is pretty generous with auto loans and CC products.. what are your scores?

NFCU Flag Visa Sig $11k *| AMEX BCE $20k*| Discover It $8k*| Citi TY Preferred $5k *| Chase Freedom Visa $2k *|
| Lowe's $10k *| Bank of Hawaii Rewards Platinum Visa $7.8k *| Hawaii USA FCU Platinum Visa 3k *| Firestone 2.2k *|

FICO EQ- 747 (7/07/13) FICO EX -752 (8/07/13) FICO TU -751 (8/07/13)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.