Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going car shopping tomorrow

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going car shopping tomorrow

Hi, this is my first post here. I figured you guys could help me and give me advice. I've been having trouble with getting an auto loan for the car that I want (Jeep Wrangler). I've been denied and approved but the monthly payments doesn't fit into my budget. I really dont know what im asking but do you guys have any advice. I have 5 hard pulls, im not that knowledgable about credit and credit scores. Do you guys know of any good places that do used auto loans for fair credit? 

or could you point me to thread that has similar issues.

Im at 626,628, and 614.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gabeerwin
Contributor

Re: Going car shopping tomorrow

Have you looked at Capital One or Carvana?  Both offer preapprovals with a SP... could be a good place to start.

Good luck as you work your way through this process!!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at your scores I can tell you, you won't get the best rates so your gonna pay a bit of interest and that will drive the payments up. On top of that Jeep Wranglers can be pricey. What's your budget ?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you qoute the insurance as well. The wrangler can be spendy on the insurance front. Dont over extend your budget just to get a car you want, that will take all the fun away from the car and leave your credit in shambles
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, im just now seeing these. I just got a jeep today 8% interest alot of months. I am speaking into existance that I will be able to handle it. Thank you though for the advice.

Is it anyway to get alerts to threads that I started? 

Message 5 of 7
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

That's an "above average" interest rate, but I have seen a lot worse.  Maybe you can refinance after a year or so.  As long as you can afford it that's all that matters.  And Jeeps have one of the best non-depreciation values of all cars so consider yourself lucky.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, this is my first post here. I figured you guys could help me and give me advice. I've been having trouble with getting an auto loan for the car that I want (Jeep Wrangler). I've been denied and approved but the monthly payments doesn't fit into my budget. I really dont know what im asking but do you guys have any advice. I have 5 hard pulls, im not that knowledgable about credit and credit scores. Do you guys know of any good places that do used auto loans for fair credit? 

or could you point me to thread that has similar issues.

Im at 626,628, and 614.

Capital One Auto Navigator is awesome!  I have 2 loans with them and the process was so easy! I plan to refinance with my credit union next year even though I have a good rate with Cap 1, I can get a bit better with my CU. 
Good Luck!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.